41. Not Now Not Ever

Third Person's POV

Jungkook
<Meet in the same
room from before]

Lisa feels as if her heart will pop out of her chest any moment. She looks up and sees everyone busy chatting. Seeing this as an opportunity, she sneaks out of the room and heads to the room where Jungkook had asked to be present.

A dozen of bulky tall men in black standing at the door of Haru's ward didn't go unnoticed by her. She smiles a little when she again realises that Jungkook really cares for his loved ones.

She finally comes across the door, two bodyguards standing there, immediately recognise her and open the door.

Lisa makes her way inside the ward which looks more like a presidential suite rather than a hospital room. She, then looks up to see Jungkook standing at the far end of the room, near the window.

Lisa sighs at how handsone he looks with his back facing her and the sunset in the background. It completely looks like a painting, unreal but real at the same time.

She is brought out of her reverie when she hears him speak but because she is still in a subconscious state of mind, she only understands the words 'motherfucker', 'fled', 'America' and 'catch him'.

And then the thought that has been at the back of her mind flashes again,

Is this the end?

And then her inner self whispers to her,

Things end only if they begin. You two didn't even begin to start with.

Lisa chuckles to herself as tears again fill the waterlines of her eyes.

She doesn't realise that she is crying quietly.

Jungkook has just hung up the phone when he feels someone is in the room. He then turns around and sees Lisa with tears running down her cheeks.

Without realising, he is already in an eye contact with Lisa.

Her teary eyes are enough to make him feel guilty.

When did you start feeling guilty, Jeon Jungkook?

He asks himself but no matter how much he tries to deny it, he still comes to one conclusion, he is guilty.

Guilty of his actions towards her.

Guilty of his words he said to her.

Guilty of how he hurt her.

Guilty of how he tortured her.

Guilty of how he..there doesn't seem to be an end.

And then he comes to another realisation,

He has never felt this much feelings for someone.

It's overwhelming.

Jungkook clears his throat and speaks to dissipate the awkward atmosphere, "Lisa.."

"Hmm..Yes." Her sweet voice fills his ears.

And only Jungkook knows how soothing it is to his heart.

"Take a seat." He tells her and she does as told.

He also takes a seat in front of her and then again, its silence.

Getting no further response from the other party, Lisa looks up and finds herself lost in his eyes. Jungkook, this time, looks at her intensely as he is contemplating something.

Am I doing the right thing?

He wonders as he looks into her eyes but all of a sudden, he feels something tugging at his heart just like he felt when he protected her from that rascal in Busan near the forest on their way to Seoul.