22. Liskook's Week Together All Alone Pt.2

Third Person's POV

It is the next day, going on like the usual days with Lisa making the breakfast but this time she is not being her cheerful self rather she is confined, thinking all night long about what Jackson had told her yesterday. She has lot to take in.

First, Jackson is first class asshole. Ssecond, he knows about her and Jungkook's deal. Third, he wants her to be his pretend girlfriend. Fourth, If the third condition is not fulfilled then she will face consequences. Her mind seems like it can't get off of these thoughts. Tears are brimming at the waterlines of her eyes.

Why does this all happen to me? Am I that unlucky? Wherever I go, the people around me face trouble. First, I used to live with my biological parents, they died. Second, my foster father, his condition is not good. And now, my in-laws and Unnie...

Where as here Jungkook is coming down the stairs thinking the same things as Lisa but with a different point of view. The whole night has been spent by him, tossing and turning around, to get an overlook at the situation at hand.

But out of all the things he had heard yesterday, his mind is stuck completely on only one thing the most, Who is Jackson's actual girlfriend? As he is thinking of these things, a burning smell makes its way to his nose.

"Is something burning?" Jungkook mutters to himself. His instincts quickly react in as his long legs stride to the kitchen to see the pancakes burning and Lisa seems to be completely zoned out.

Jungkook hurriedly grabs the jug of water placed on the counter and pours it down on the burning pancakes. With the sizzling sound oozing out, Lisa comes out of her zoned state and Jungkook glares down at her. Lisa is completely unaware as to what had happened which made her husband glare at her but then she looks around to see the steam coming out of the now black pancakes.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" Jungkook roars which makes Lisa visibly flinch. "I-I" She gets cut off. "What were you thinking that got you so out of your damn mind?" Lisa just keeps fiddling with her fingers and looks at them, not being able to look him straight into his angry eyes.

Without any word, Jungkook stomps off and settles down on his chair at the dining table. Lisa quickly prepares the pancakes and brings the food. Jungkook is busy scrolling through the emails about other companies eagerly waiting to be associated with JJK Group.

Lisa sets down the table and serves him the breakfast and they dig in. Jungkook thinks that he needs to do something. He needs to confirm his suspicions about yesterday. So he speaks. "I saw you with Jackson yeaterday." Lisa's hand holding the spoon halts mid air while Jungkook tries to analyse her expression.

Did he hear the conversation too? Lisa thinks.

Something is off. Jungkook says in his mind.

Lisa doesn't speak anything while Jungkook thinks that it is better to let her believe that he hasn't heard any of her conversation with Jackson and he is successful in doing so because Lisa thinks he must think that she did something with Jackson.

They quickly eat up the food. Jungkook goes in the living room to watch news while Lisa heads to the kitchen to wash the dishes. Lisa hisses in pain when her hand gets cut by the knife she was washing. Tears brim in her eyes from the pain. She swallows it and tries to find the first aid kit in the cabinets. Finally  she spots it being kept at the top shelf of the cabinet which is far away from her reach given her height. So she takes out the step stool from the cabinet below the counter and places it to reach the first aid kit.

She steps up and reaches the first aid kit but at the last moment, the stool topples over and Lisa knows that she is ready for the impact but instead a pair of warm hands find their way around her waist securing her in the person's hold. There she knows who it is since there is a swarm of butterflies erupting in her stomach.