Chapter 1 (season 1)

{OBX}

{OBX}

"I can't believe this!" Kie scoffs from the opposite side of the room. "What?" I ask turning around to face her. We were checking out the inside of a house in the process of being built.

"They're going to have Japanese toilets." She answers and I roll my eyes. "Rich Kooks. They don't care about anything or anyone as long as they have it all." I complain as I clench my jaw in anger and Kie nods in agreement. "I can't believe this use to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" She argues as I glance around the room.

Even though this used to be a turtle habitat and they changed it for some rich Kooks to move into and show off their money, I couldn't help but admire how enormous and majestic this house looked. What I'd give to live in a luxury house like this someday.

"Can you please not kill yourself?'" Pope pleads from outside on the balcony grabbing the attention of Kie and I, we glance at each other before making our way outside re-joining the boys. "What the hell are you doing, John b?" Kie questions, her eyes widen in shock as we glance up at my brother balancing on one leg on the edge of the roof.

"Hey, that's my beer. You better not drop it!" I warn him but he just sends me a devilish smirk and continues to ignore us. "Yeah, man. Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ sneers sitting down on the ground in front of me. Just after JJ tells him, my brother drops the beer and it spills all over the floor.

"Fantastic, JB. Now I have no drink." I scoff and he lets out a nervous chuckle. "Of course you did. Right after I just told you not to." JJ says causing us all to burst out laughing.

"Hey, uh, security's here. Let's wrap it up." Pope chuckles before urging my brother to get down off the roof. JJ stands up and quickly grabs my hand and leads the way through the house. Our laughs echo through the entire house as the two middle aged security men chase after us.

The security man jumps in front of JJ and I causing us to skid on the ground, but JJ quickly gets up and pulls me behind him as we rush out of the house. "Not much of a hugger man." JJ and I cheer in unison before looking at each other. "Bus is leaving." John B calls out as he pulls up outside the house in the Twinkie, honking the horn.

JJ, Pope, and I quickly scramble over the fence, JJ landing perfectly on his feet while Pope trips causing me to fall with him. "Are you okay?" JJ asks turning around to face me. "Yeah." I say. He gives me his hand to help me up. Pope quickly gets up and dusts himself off before we run over to the van. JJ hops into the van before reaching his hand out to help me in, he quickly grabs a beer and starts hanging it out the door. "Come on, Gary. You're almost there." JJ teases the security man as he runs after the van.