Chapter 25

{Let's Go Get The Gold}

I was the first one awake the next day, the sun was rising as I cleaned up the blankets and woke the girls, we sat on the deck talking and waiting for the boys to show up and bring us home.

'You forget your keys or something?' Pope calls out as their boat approaches ours. 'You need a tow?' John b asks as a smirk appears on his face and I flip him off. 'Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked.' Kie whispers to Sarah and I and we both nod in agreement. 'They'll be non stop bragging about it, if they do.' I say and Kie rolls her eyes. 'You gotta admit it was funny.' John b exclaims pulling the boat to a stop. 'John b?' Kie asks. 'Uh, what's that?' My brother asks. 'Mastermind, huh?' Kie teases and he nods. 'I'm always planning.' He replies with a smile.

'Some patriarchal bullshit.' Kie scoffs climbing onto the HMS Pogue. 'Yeah, that sucked.' Sarah nods in agreement, as we all climb onto the HMS Pogue. 'You still love us though, right?' JJ says sarcastically and Kie rolls her eyes. 'Yeah, whatever.' Sarah says before wrapping her arms around my brother and they hug. 'You still love me, baby?' He asks with a devilish smirk and I roll my eyes turning away from him and cross my arms, childishly. 'You left me out here.' I whine and he chuckles as he moves closer to me and places his arm on my waist, leaning down to my ear. 'I'll make it up to you later.' He whispers flirtatiously in my ear and I bite down on my lip turning around to face him. 'I guess, I love you still.' I tease and he chuckles before pulling me in for a deep, passionate kiss.

'Hey, still hate me?' John b asks Kie and Sarah. 'A little. But we gonna get you back when you least expect it.' She replies crossing her arms. 'I'd watch your back boys.' Kie warns them and I nod in agreement. 'I welcome that challenge.' Pope says with a smile. 'Me too.' JJ smirks, sending wink my way. 'So, did you guys, you know..' Pope asks. 'Reconcile our differences?' Kie asks and he nods. 'Mm-mm' Sarah shakes her head. 'Not even close.' Kie replies. 'But they're willing to work together.' I say excitedly. 'You know what? That's a victory.' John b declares holding his hands up. 'Yep.' JJ smiles. 'Wiggedy-wiggedy-wiggedy!' Pope says as him and JJ do their handshake. 'Know why? Hydroponic.' JJ says. 'Don't say that.' Pope points at him. 'All right, shut up.' My brother tells JJ and Pope. 'You guys ready to jack someone up?' John b asks and we all look at one another with wide smiles. 'Let's get it.' JJ says as my brother starts the boat and we drive back to shore.

***

'All right. You got rope?' John b asks he drives us all to the Crain house. 'Got it.' Pope answers. 'Grappling hook?' John b asks. 'No grappling hook. We're not Batman.' I joke and Pope laughs beside me. 'Pulley?' John b asks as he pulls a stop to a stop outside the Crain house, the sun had already set and it was pitch dark, kinda spooky. 'Check.' Kie confirms. 'All right, good. We're ready.' John b assures us. 'Let's go.' Kie cheers. 'Let's go get rich, guys.' JJ says sliding the van door open and we're about to hop out but my brother stops us.

'Wait, wait.' John b sighs as we all look at him. 'I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to Jackie and I that you're here tonight.' He states and I smile at him. 'Always.' I say with a soft smile and JJ places a kiss on my cheek. 'We're family, bro. And family sticks together, no matter what!' Pope says as him and my brother do our group handshake. 'All right, we done with the circle jerk? Can we go do this?' Sarah asks excitedly and we all laugh hopping out of the van. 'Let's get that wheat in the water.' Pope tells us as he helps me over the wall, the others follow behind. 'Weed? I'm up for weed.' JJ replies jumping down beside Pope and I, he rolls his eyes and I snicker linking arms with JJ. 'Wheat. I said wheat.' Pope corrects him and he sighs. 'Ladies first.' Pope gestures for me to be in the lead, and they all follow behind me as we walk through the tall grass and statues. I pull to stop at the entrance of the basement. 'Does any else feel like we're in a horror movie?' I ask nervously look at the door. 'Stop being such a baby, sis. We're afraid of nothing.' John b teases placing his arm on my shoulder. 'I'm afraid to die.' I sigh before entering first.

To Be Continued..