Chapter 3

{Motel or Meth Lab}

{Motel or Meth Lab}

'I thought the chateau looked bad.' JJ states looking at the damage Agatha caused to the motel. 'This place is a shitshow.' Pope says and I nod in agreement. 'Motel or meth lab?' Kie asks curiously. 'You be the judge.' Pope replies looking at Kie and she sighs. 'Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-white stays.' John B points out.

'No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady white would get killed.' Pope states and I roll my eyes. 'Alright, here we go.' JJ says standing at the front of the boat, with the rope in his hand. 'This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue coming in for a landing.' He says pretending to be using a walkie-talkie. He then jumps off the boat onto the ground, using the rope to pull the boat onto the ground enough so it won't float away.

'We good?' John B asks JJ. 'Yeah, we good.' JJ confirms. 'All right, here goes nothing.' John B says hopping off the boat. 'Uh, where do you think you're going?' He asks blocking my way before I can get off the boat. 'To find out whose boat crashed.' I shrug pointing out the obvious, rolling my eyes. 'I don't think so--' John B replies sternly but Kie cuts him off before he can say anything else. 'Be careful.' She says and JJ looks at me before he walks away beside John B. I take this as my opportunity to hop off the boat and quickly run past them towards the stairs. 'Try to catch up, losers.' I yelled back as I ran up the stairs and I could faintly hear my brother muttered. 'So stubborn.'

'Jackie!' John B calls out. I ignore him as I continue walking a few feet ahead of them. 'Just let her stay, bro. Jackie can handle herself.' JJ says to him and a smile appears on my face, my brother hesitates for a minute until he caves in and allows me to stay by tossing me the keys. 'Anyway, what was that about?' JJ asks John B and he looks at him confused. 'What?' John B questions and JJ rolls his eyes. 'Just be so careful, John B.' JJ mocks him and my brother rolls his eyes. 'God, you're so weird.' John B replies annoyedly pushing JJ away.

'What was that about?' JJ asks once again. 'I don't know. Maybe she wants us to be careful.' John B replies in a sarcastic tone and I chuckle. 'Since she's heard you've been threatened to exile she has been like.' JJ says and then tries to put on a girly voice 'Be so careful John B, come on John B give me that John D already.' He switches back to his normal voice and I bite my lip trying to control myself from laughing. 'When are you gonna swoop on that, man?' JJ asks. 'You know the rules, no Pogue on Pogue macking.' John B reminds JJ and he rolls his eyes. 'Besides, you're the one that's always hitting on her.' John B points out.

'Of course, I'm hitting on her. She's a super hot, rich, hippie chick slumming with us. Why? I can't figure it out either, but who cares, bro?' JJ explains to John B and I don't know why, but hearing him say that aloud made my heart ache. I knew he flirted with almost every girl he crossed paths with and hooked up with nearly all of them but I never noticed he flirted with Kie.

'You need serious help, JJ.' John B tells him. 'Can you guys shut up already?' I snap at them. 'Here's the room.' I point out before taking a deep breath. 'Were you eavesdropping on our conversation, Jackalope?' JJ says jokingly but he looks a little nervous, I roll my eyes at him. 'I told you not to call me that stupid nickname ever again.' I argue walking into the room. John B and JJ follow behind me holding flashlights. We start to investigate the room.