Chapter 59

{School}

{School}

After JJ and I had our moment. We went back out to the others after a while, and heard that John b and Sarah are taking a break. I felt bad for my brother as he drowned himself in alcohol for the rest of the day. I apologised for losing it at him earlier and thankfully he accepted it, the others all got booze and started drinking while I cleaned around the Chateau, since I no longer can drink.

The next morning, I wake up in the arms of JJ as his snores could be heard throughout all of Kildare Island. 'JJ, get up.' I mutter as I lay on my side and stroke some of his hair behind his ear. 'Morning, sleepyhead.' I whisper placing a kiss on his lips as his eyes begin to slowly open. 'Oh god, I feel like death.' He groans. 'That's what you deserve for drinking so much, last night.' I say shoving him gently getting up and throwing on a pair of clean shorts and JJ's oversized hoodies, since my tops were starting to become tight on me. 'Come on, JJ! We have school in thirty minutes.' I say while putting on my shoes. 'I hate school.' He whines as he sits up, rubbing his temples and stretches his arms out. 'Don't we all.' I reply as he throws on his top and a new pair of shorts.

After we fully get changed, we meet with the others in the living room. I already knew Pope and Kie would be ready to go while they wake John b. 'Um..I will meet up with you guys later.' She says and we all look at her and nod while I grab my school bag and an apple. 'See you.' I wave at Kie as she leaves. 'I'm starving. I need some pizza.' JJ says rubbing his stomach. 'No, you missed breakfast.' Pope states as he pulls John b and JJ out of the house. Pope hops in the driver seat since he was the only sober one besides me, JJ sits in the back beside me, curled up on me as he rests his head on my shoulder while John b laid in front of us looking through his phone.

As we arrive at school, I nudge JJ to wake up but he doesn't move a muscle until Pope hits the break and he goes flying off the chair onto the ground.' Oh god, JJ!' I gasp. 'Lets go.' Pope says as he hops out of the van. 'Up, up.' I say grabbing John b and JJ and pull them out of the van. We walk inside the school and go to class, I sit beside JJ and John b while Pope sits the opposite side of John b. 'Glad you could join us, Mr Routledge.' The teacher says as she walks down the side of the desk placing paper on each desk. 'It's good to be back.' John b mutters sarcastically. 'Just in time for your first quiz.' She says and John b and JJ's eyes widen. 'A test?' My brother harshly whispers to Pope. 'I told you we had a test.' Pope whispers to JJ and John b and I chuckle. 'It was the first thing I said to you.' Pope argues as the boys deny it. 'Will you three shut up, I'm trying to focus!' I argue, my voice goes a bit loud as the teacher clears her throat.

'Psst. John b. JJ. Pope.' A girl whispers as she hands the three of them a note causing me to look up from my paper and glare at her, she sends me a fake smile as she turns around and I flip her off as her back faces me. 'Bitch.' I mouth and JJ, Pope and John b all burst out laughing. After class, a teacher pulls us aside and gave us a journal that belong to Denmark Tanny. Pope flips through the pages and finds a page about the cross of Santo Domingo and discovered that it had to do with the royal merchant.

***

After school ended we all head back to the Chateau, sitting out on the porch as Pope reads the journal to us. I sit on the couch as JJ lays across it, resting his head on my lap while John b sits beside Kie. 'Guys, this is from Denmark's diary. August 15th, set sail from Port-au-Prince on calm seas. Came upon the Spanish ship San Jose on fire. The entire deck was aflame. And we could hear the screams of men trapped below. The Spanish captain cared about only one thing, his valuable cargo, the Cross of Santo Domingo and countless bars of gold. Once the cargo was on board, we went to help the crew, but Captain Limbrey ordered us to pull bayonets and not to let any of the Spanish crew on board.' Pope reads out the diary to us, pausing for a moment. 'He robbed them and left them to die.' Pope finished as he closes the diary, while JJ plays with his lighter.

'So it didn't go down off Bermuda.' JJ says as Pope sits down on a stool. 'And it was a Limbrey stealing shit again.' Kie adds and I scoff. 'The first proved that both the gold and the Cross of Santo Domingo were on the Royal Merchant.' Pope states and we all nod. 'Why didn't we find it in the well then?' JJ questions. 'I mean, if Denmark was able to get this, like, bedazzled cross off of the Merchant to shore, why didn't he just hide it with the gold?' JJ continues as he sits up beside me, looking between everyone. 'Because it was too big.' John b points out. 'You're right. He had to hide it someplace else.' Pope states. 'But where?' Kie and I ask in unison. 'Right before he was hung, Denmark said he'd buried the treasure at the foot of the Angel.' Pope says but JJ cuts in. 'I thought this was about the key?' JJ questions, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

'Right. So what's the connection.' Kie asks looking at Pope. 'The path to the tomb begins in the island room.' He says as he looks down at the key. 'But what is the island room?' Kie asks throwing her head back and sighs. 'You know what helps me figure shit out?' JJ says standing up. 'Oh boy. Here we go.' John b mumbles. 'Smoking beers and drinking weed.' He smirks while everyone gives him a questioning look. 'The ideas just pour out of me. If we just sit here and try to figure this out, we're gonna get nowhere. But if we get creative and go to this bonfire tonight, maybe we get somewhere.' He states. 'Well, I just got disowned by my parents, and I'm an official member of the I-have-nothing-to-lose club.' Kie tells us. 'Pope?' JJ asks. 'We're so close.' Pope sighs as he looks at the paper in his hand.

JJ jumps over to him and sits down beside him. 'Look, look, think about how much you could think if you just give your brain a rest.' He says as everyone looks at Pope. 'What about, Jackie? She's pregnant! She can't drink.' Pope points out and I scoff walking over and sit down beside him. 'Just cause I'm pregnant and can't drink, doesn't mean I can't party.' I say with a wide smile and everyone applauds me as I giggle. 'Okay, fine.' He says as we all jump up in excitement. 'Okay, wait. We gotta shotgun before we go. Except Jackie.' JJ says pointing at me with a smirk and I roll my eyes. While the four of them were taking shots in the kitchen, I go to my room and change into a nice dress. I walk over to my mirror and turn to the side and look at my stomach. A tiny bump could be seen as my dress made it known, a smile spreads across my face as I place my hands on my stomach. 'I love you so much, little one, and I haven't even met you yet.' I say softly as I hear a knock on the door and JJ enters. I don't even turn around as I can see him in the reflection of the mirror, he just stands at the door way with his jaw dropped open.

'Look, I'm starting to show a little.' I speak up as I nervously chuckle as he comes up behind me and wraps his hands around my waist and places his hands on mine as they rest on my stomach. 'You look beautiful.' He mutters and I let out a sigh as I look down at my stomach and smile. 'Are you sure you want to go to the bonefire?' He asks me looking at me unsure and I scoff. 'JJ, I'm pregnant. I can handle a party.' I say sarcastically as I turn around to face him and he chuckles. 'Okay, but if it gets too much for you, tell me and we'll come straight home and have our own little party.' He says with a devilish smirk as he places a kiss on my lips. 'Come on, silly.' I chuckle placing a kiss on his cheek before grabbing his hand and going out to the van with the others.

To be Continued...