Chapter 60

{Bonefire}

{Bonefire}

The bonefire, an Outer Banks tradition. It was the same weekend like every other year. Everyone went. And I mean everyone. I, myself have never missed one. It felt good to be back here, after everything that's happened to the Pogues and I.

'Look, I'm just saying that if you talk to your parents, you know, and, like, actually let them talk and listen, maybe they'd let you back.' Pope talks to Kie about her parents as they walk away from us, leaving JJ, John b and I behind. JJ throws his arm around John b and I as we walk through the crowd of people drinking, dancing and making out. John b seemed off about the whole Sarah thing and JJ wasn't having it. 'I know. But, dude, her father blew up right in front of her. Just give her a minute, all right?' JJ tells John b. 'In the meantime, shotgun right now. Like old days..' JJ says as he walks us over to a table surrounded by people we know. 'Hey derelicts.' A girl calls out as she throws a can at us.

We all look over to see the girl sitting on top of a rock, making goggly eyes at John b. 'Hey, there she is.' JJ says pointing at John b. 'We're going to go somewhere else.' JJ says as he winks at me and grabs my hand pulling me away from the crowd. 'Should we leave him alone with her?' I ask him and he shrugs. 'He's a grown man. He'll be fine.' JJ assures me, as he continues to lead me away. I glance back at my brother and let out a sigh. JJ and I moved to the centre where everyone's dancing. 'Wanna dance?' He asks loudly as he spins me around, I let out a chuckle. He sways me around as we dance in rhythm to the music.

'You know it's much more fun at the bonefire when you're taken. Now, I have you all to myself. For the rest of our lives.' He says softly into my ear and I chuckle as he places one hand on my waist and the other interlocked with mine as we continue to sway to the music. 'Yeah. It was so annoying when all the boys kept coming up to Kie and I.' I say sarcastically and JJ rolls his eyes, as I burst out laughing. 'I can't believe this might be our last bonefire.' I sigh and he furrows his eyebrows in confusion. 'It is?' He questions. 'Well, next year we'll have another human being to take care of. We won't have time for partying, drinking and doing that much weed anymore. It'll be all thrown out the window.' I say as JJ takes a deep breath. 'Are you willing to sacrifice some of those things?' I ask him seriously and he glances at me as his eyes soften. 'Of course.' He answers with a smile and I let out a sigh of relief. 'All the bad stuff will be gone.' He whispers to me and I rest my head against his chest. 'You're amazing, J. I love you.' I tell him. 'I love you too.' He replies. He then plants various kisses as he makes his way down to my neck, I bend my neck back a tiny bit more, giving him more access. 'JJ..' I moan as he kisses my soft spot on my neck. 'God, I love you so fucking much.' He moans as he makes his way back up, colliding his lips with mine once again.

'JJ! Jackie! Ew!' Pope fakes get sick as JJ and I pull apart and groan. 'What?' We say annoyedly in unison. 'You guys can continue this later preferably in a room, come on.' He says as he grabs JJ and I's hand and leads us through the crowd. My eyes widen in shock as I see a crowd surrounded in a circle around John b and Topper, as Sarah and the girl John b stayed with arguing. 'Shit!' I curse as JJ goes to help John b and I walk over to help Sarah. 'Do we have a problem here?' I question raising my eyebrows as the girl shoves Sarah back into my arms and I quickly catch her before she falls. 'Well if it isn't Jackie Routledge? Always intervening in other people's problems. Don't you have your own problems to sort like that mistake you're carrying.' She scoffs, pointing at my stomach and I clench my fist in anger at her words. 'First, this is my business as you are messing with my sister in law.' I argue before throwing a punch to the girl, knocking her to the ground. 'Oh god!' Sarah gasps as her eyes widen in shock at my actions. 'Second, don't you ever fucking talk about my baby like that again.' I spit on her as she glares at me before standing up. 'You're so lucky you're knocked up.' The girls chuckles, glaring at me before walking away. 'Bitch, you're lucky I'm pregnant.' I snap back at her, crossing my arms as the girl rolls her eyes and leaves. 'Are you okay?' Sarah asks me and the biggest smile plasters across my face. 'Never been better. Are you okay?' I ask her worriedly and she sighs, pulling me in for a hug.