Chapter 50

{Arrest}

{Arrest}

'Please say something.' I beg JJ as he stares out onto the yard. After I broke the news to him, he's just been sitting here in silence. 'When did you find out?' He asks finally speaking. 'Today, but I kinda started to notice two weeks ago.' I state and he sighs rubbing his temples. 'What are we going to do?' He asks and I shake my head. 'I don't know, JJ. I don't know if I want to keep the baby.' I say sheepishly and his eyes widen in shock as he looks at me.

'Why not?' He questions. 'JJ! We're only 17. With no money, no permanent place to live and I was literally just shot by a crazy psycho who's out to kill my brother. Are we even ready for this?' I asks as tears fall from my eyes. 'What will people say? Greta? Vivian?' I sob as he lets out a sigh, cupping my face in his hands. 'It's okay, we'll figure something out. Everything happens for a reason, right.' He says wiping away the tears from my cheek. 'I'm just so scared, JJ!' I state and he sighs in frustration. 'Rafe knows too.' I blurt out and JJ eyes widen in shock, fear and anger. 'What? How?' He questions. 'Do you remember the thing Barry gave him?' I ask and he nods. 'It was one of my pregnancy tests.' I explain and he groans. 'He doesn't know specifically it's me, but he knows it's one of us.' I say and JJ clenches his jaw in anger. 'The second Pope and Kie come back in the morning with the boat, we're all leaving. It's not safe here anymore especially since you're pregnant.' JJ says standing up. 'Where are we going to go?' I ask him and he sighs. 'I don't know but we're not staying here.' He says before reaching his hand out for mine which I give him. 'Let's go to bed. You need to rest.' He says as we interlock hands and go to bed.

***

Once the sun starts to rise, the four of us immediately got up and packed our bags. We start making our way down to the dock as we notice Pope and Kie approach in the boat. 'Finally. Hey! Guys, don't tie up. Stop it!' JJ orders them grabbing their attention as he holds my hand running to the dock. 'What?' Kie asks furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. 'We're dipping.' JJ states as he helps me onto the boat and him and John b place all our bags on before hopping in. 'Wait, why?' Pope asks. 'Why? What are you talking about?' Kie questions glancing at the four of us. 'Where did you guys go?' John b asks as he helps Sarah onto the boat. 'We slept on the break. What's up?' Pope says. 'Slept, right. Yeah. We were up all night.' JJ says tapping Pope on the chest like a proud father before sitting down beside me. 'You feeling okay?' He asks me and I nod. 'We're okay.' I smile as I place my hand on my stomach and glance at it, a smile appears on JJ's face as he places his hand on my stomach too.

'We gotta get the hell out of here.' John b states. 'Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like now. He also knows about their situation.' Sarah points at JJ and I and I take a deep breath. 'He knows your pregnant?' Kie asks grabbing everyone's attention. 'You're pregnant?' Pope gasps before taking a deep breath. 'Great now we have more to worry about.' Pope argues. 'Do you have a problem, Pope?' JJ questions as he clenches his jaw. 'No, sorry. Congratulations, you'll make great parents.' Pope says as a faint smile appears on his face. 'Thanks.' I whisper. John b quickly starts up the boat and drives away to the opposite side of the island. We stop at a random forest and hop off the boat at the beach and sit down by some rocks. 'Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time.' Sarah states. 'Before everyone knows.' Pope adds. 'I told you.' JJ scoffs as he paces back and forth. 'We should've gone south, man.' JJ states and my brother sighs in frustration. 'Just stop it.' John B tells him but JJ just ignores him. 'Why does no one ever listen?' JJ snaps. 'I get it. I get it. I understand.' My brother argues looking at him. 'No, you don't, bro. That fucking psycho is out there looking for you and my pregnant girlfriend. Do you know what could happen to her if he finds out that's she's the one that's pregnant?' JJ yells at John B as I rub my temples in frustration.