Chapter 24

{Friends}

{Friends}

John b quickly drops Kie and I as Pope and JJ took his bike to the Chateau and runs off somewhere. He said he had something to take care of but I knew he was going to get Sarah and come back. I sit on the couch on JJs lap with my head resting on his chest as Pope sits beside us.

'No effing way! You brought her here?' Kie argues pacing back and forth on the porch. John b immediately glances at Pope, JJ and I for some help. 'I dunno.' Pope mutters. 'JJ and I are staying out of this.' I state as he rests his hand on my thigh and places a kiss on my forehead. 'Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share.' JJ shrugs before pulling me back in for another kiss. 'You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing.' Kie states pointing at the four of us.

'I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this.' Pope adds and I roll my eyes. 'When are you not uncomfortable?' John b argues. 'I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortable.' He shrugs. 'It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him.' JJ says casually and I chuckle. 'That's cute, guys.' John b jokes. 'You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her.' Kie states glaring at Sarah. 'Stop talking about me like I'm not here!' Sarah argues. 'Then leave.' Kie says sternly. 'I told you.' Sarah scoffs. 'Told him what, exactly?' Kie questions getting annoyed. 'That your a liar?' She continues and Sarah rolls her eyes. 'No, that you're a shit talking bitch.' Sarah answers with sass and I get up off JJs lap and stand in the middle of Kie and Sarah.

'Stop it!' I yell as Kie and Sarah bicker to one another, JJ and Pope bet on who's going to win. 'Everybody shut up!' John b yells grabbing all of our attention. 'When you guys stop acting like children and grow up, come talk to me until then solve your shit.' I yell walking away. 'Babe?' JJ calls out about to come after me as I head towards the dock but John b holds him back. 'Just give her sometime.' John b assures him as JJ lets out a sigh.

***

After a while, I notice Kie sitting outside on the hammock and Sarah hop on her bike and leaves. I head inside and talk to the boys to see what's happening. I walk inside and see JJ sitting on the counter beside the fridge drinking a beer with my brother. 'Where's Pope?' I ask walking up beside JJ and he wraps his arm around my shoulder and places a kiss on my head, I look up and give him a warm smile. 'He's talking to Kie.' John b replies and a moment after he said that Pope enters the kitchen.

'What'd she say?' John b asks tossing him a beer. 'That you're an idiot.' Pope answers. 'It's a no brainer. You're picking Kie.' JJ states taking a sip from his beer. 'Look, I can't make a decision.' John b sighs in frustration. 'So what! We're just dead in the water because you're pussy whipped?' JJ asks him and john b lets out a sigh. 'We can't do this without Kie, and you know it.' Pope points out and I nod in agreement. 'And I can't do it without Sarah!' John b barks back at the boys as my phone begins to buzz. I got a text from Kie saying if I could go stay the night at hers and just have a girls night together. 'Um, I've got to go.' I say placing my phone back in my pocket. 'Where are you going?' JJ asks me placing his hand on my waist. 'To stay the night at Kie's. She just wants it to be just a girls night.' I say and he nods. 'Okay, see you tomorrow. I love you.' JJ smiles at me before pulling me in for a kiss. 'I love you too.' I reply taking a swig from his beer before saying goodbye to the others, leaving the Chateau.