Chapter 71 (Bonus)

{Peace}

{Peace}

There are very few who don't recognize the sights, sounds, and smells of one of the most visited places in history. Almost everyone has been there once in their lives, and even as small children, the experience never escapes. I have been fortunate to visit the beach numerous times, but one has stayed in my mind more than others. Poguelandia, as we call it.

For the past 3 months, My family and I have been non-stopping running. Running from the chaos that lurks behind us. Running from hell. Now that we're no longer running away, it's an unknown feeling. It feels peaceful and calming to know we're safe, and deserted from society. But terrifying, since we have nothing but each other to rely on. It's a strange feeling, being so far away from home and not hearing the sound of the engine of a car, or the beeping sound from my alarm clock. I miss home, I really do. But here, it's....it's freedom.

We have been stranded on this island for only 10 hours now, and the sun had finally set as we all surround the bone fire . We danced, sung, told happy stories and just relaxed. I never expected our lives to turn out like this, I never did. I thought, I'd be back home now with everyone as we admire The Cross and the Gold, but we're not. The gold is gone. The Cross is gone. It's all gone. We aren't home and I have no clue, when or if we'll ever be home. As much as I miss Outer Banks and want nothing more than to go home, I can't. We are stuck on this island. But at least we're stuck together. John B, Sarah, JJ, Cleo, Pope, Kie and I are all together and having the time of our lives. We're truly happy and at peace with where we are, at least for now and that's all I ever wanted. For all of us to be happy.

Whatever the future has in store for us, I don't care. Because, we will all face it, side by side. As a family. We'll overcome all obstacles, good and bad. Life has an oddly weird way of turning out, doesn't it? One minute, you're on top of the world. You feel like you can accomplish anything and feel so powerful in yourself. And then, it can all be taken away from you in the blink of an eye. Outer Banks, my dad, scholarships, friends, the chateau, everything was taken from us in a flash, but surprisingly, we're all still together. Life didn't tear us away from each other, instead life brought us closer, and even blessed JJ and I with a child, that in under a year will be in our lives and it will change dramatically, but for the best. And I can't wait to start this new chapter with the people I love and become a mother soon, because it is the greatest treasure. I know, we made our father proud and if he was here, right now, I just know, he'd have the biggest smile plastered across his face. He's looking down at John B and I with proudness and happinesses, because we have each other and that's all we ever wished for.

To Be Continued...