Chapter 2

{Diver Down}

{Diver Down}

After surfing the surge with John B and Pope and seeing the mysterious boat we decided to just forget about it, think nothing of it and go back to the Chateau and make sure everything was secured safely for Storm Agatha.

I was surprised I slept through all of the storms just to be woken up by water droplets falling from my bedroom ceiling, I let out a sigh. "Seriously?" I groan before reaching to grab my phone. "No service, as well." I sigh, as I place my phone back down on the nightstand and get up. I throw on a pair of ripped denim shorts a hot pink bikini bra, and a tank top over it, and tie my hair up in a messy bun, slipping on my favourite pair of sandals. I walk over to turn my lights on and roll my eyes when they don't. I walk out of my room to look at the damage Agatha left for us to clean up.

"Yo, JJ, you have been outside?" John B asks taking a sip of water as I walk into the living room. "I have polio, bro. I can't walk." JJ mutters in a low husky voice burying his head deeper into the pillow. "You poor, poor thing," I say sarcastically bending down to push the piece of hair out of his face. "I could get used to waking up to this view." He whispers with a smirk and I chuckle before slapping the top of his head gently before joining John B outside.

"Ow, Jackie." JJ groans. "Oh, man. That's not good." John B yawns looking at the fallen tree outside our backyard, I walk over to him and wrap my hand around his shoulder. "I'm sure you, JJ and I can fix this easily," I assure him and he nods before going to check the boat out. "Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ asks coming out to the porch with a beer in his hands. "Yeah, she did." John B groans pulling some tree branches off the boat. "You're seriously drinking at 9 a.m., JJ?" I roll my eyes and he chuckles before taking a sip of the beer.

"So annoying." I scoff throwing some tree branches away from the shed. "What are you thinking?" JJ asks walking over to us. "I'm thinking that storm surge pushed all the crabs out in the marsh maze." He answers with a smirk and I smile glancing between the two of them. "What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" JJ questions furrowing his eyebrows. "Agatha bought us a couple of days to figure something out. They won't be getting on a ferry." I explain to him as I give my hand out to help him onto the boat and he nods, giving me his hand.

"Come on, think about it. It's God telling us to fish." My brother exclaims with a smile, throwing away a tree branch from the boat, JJ and I both laugh, helping him clean up the rest of the tree branches off the boat and getting the boat back in the water.

The three of us drive slowly through the marsh observing every bit of the island that was hit. "Good morning." I wave at the Jones family as we pass their dock, which is slightly damaged. "Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink. He doesn't have insurance." JJ says. "Yeah." I nod. "Hi, Miss Amy! You guys got through it?" John B asks the people we know as we pass them.

"Still here." She replies putting rubbish in the trash. "She looked at me." JJ cheers with pride and I roll my eyes taking out a blunt and lighting it before taking a long hit from it. "I saw it." John B smirks. 'She wasn't.' I state puffing the smoke in JJ's face and he laughs before inhaling it. 'Dude, look at this place.' My brother says and I nod. 'Agatha, what did you do?' JJ says sarcastically and I laugh. 'She is a crazy lady.' I reply with a smirk and John B and JJ laugh, as we pull up to Pope's dock. 'We'll be cleaning this all summer.' JJ scoffs and I groan in annoyance. 'That is my nightmare.' John B and I say in unison before laughing.