Chapter 28

{One last stop}

{One last stop}

'So they keep the money out here?' Pope asks looking at the area we're driving through as I rest my head on JJs shoulder. 'That's what she said.' JJ laughs. 'Stop.' Pope argues, JJ looks at the ground as I interlock our hands and smile at him, a faint smile appears on his face.

'I've never heard of Resurrection Drive.' Sarah states looking back at us in the passenger seat. 'That's because you're rich.' JJ sasses and Kie rolls her eyes. 'You've never heard of it either.' She points out. 'Thank you.' Sarah tells her. 'There's nothing but weed back here.' Kie states looking at the area. 'All right, just because it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..' JJ trails off as we hear siren sounds from behind us. 'Cops? Out here?' Kie asks. 'God! Are you kidding me?' JJ says annoyedly. 'What did we do?' Sarah and I ask in unison. 'Stash that.' John b orders, JJ and I quickly get up from the seat and lift it up and tuck the gold and weed in before placing the seat back down, sitting back down. 'Did you bring the gun?' John b asks JJ. 'No.' He shakes his head. 'Jackie told me to leave it back at the Chateau.' He shrugs and I sigh in relief. 'Thank god.' Kie tells me.

'He's walking over here, guys!' I panic as I watch the man walk towards the driver seat window, where my brother is sitting. My eyes widen in fear and my heart rate starts to escalate as I see the man pull out his gun at John b. 'Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air?' He orders. I look at JJ and notice him clench his jaw and fist in anger, I should have let him brought the gun. 'All y'all's hands up in the air now!' He yells shoving the gun closer to my brother and I flinch back into JJ's chest as we all raise our hands in the air. 'You, out of the car, let's go!' He orders my brother. 'John b—' I sob trying to speak but JJ covers my mouth with his hand.

'Out of the car! Let's go, hurry! Let them out.' He instructs my brother pointing at us. John b slowly walks around the van with his hands up in the air. He slides open the van door, he reaches in and grabs Sarah's hand and pulls her out, Kie, Pope, JJ and I follow behind as JJ holds my hand. 'We're broke! JJ states walking out last. 'Shut up!' The man yells shoving the gun into JJ's chest. 'All right! All right!' He yells walking backyards. 'Lay down in the ditch! Lay down in the ditch!' He orders, we all slowly lower ourselves to lay on our stomachs in the ditch. 'Put your face on the ground!' He yells at us all as he walks over to me. 'Don't let me see you look up! All right?' He shouts to the others. He quickly hops in the van and starts searching the van for the gold.

'JJ..' My voice trembles as my hands begin to shake. 'It's a setup, guys.' Kie informs us. 'That old bat shanked us!' JJ argues punching the ground. 'John b, no, don't.' Sarah whispers as we all look at my brother and see him start to stand up. 'John b. Don't you dare.' I whisper. 'Don't be a hero, man.' Pope shakes his head. John b ignores us and runs over to the man's car and sits in the back seat. The man gets the gold and heads back to his car. Once he hops in we see John b attacking him, getting his gun. 'Guys! I got the gun!' John b yells getting out of the car. JJ immediately races over to the car pulling the man from my brother, sending multiple hits to the man's face. Kie hits him next as my brother slams the butt of the gun into his back, knocking him to the ground. 'I got the gold!' Pope yells as the man grabs my leg and I scream, grabbing onto the door and slam it against his body. 'You son of a bitch!' I spit on him.

JJ goes over to him and pulls the mask down, revealing the man. 'I know this piece of shit. He's a basehead!' JJ yells. 'Probably knows my brother.' Sarah scoffs. 'He sells coke to my dad.' JJ states annoyedly. 'Listen, I couldn't hurt and single one of y'all..' he begins to speak but JJs anger gets the best of him and he hits the man across the face with the butt of the gun. 'JJ!' Kie yells as John b and Pope push him back. 'Chill out man!' Pope says but JJ ignores them and reaches down and searches the man's pocket. He pulls out his wallet and takes out his the man's Id from it. 'We got one last stop!' JJ says tossing the wallet on the man and pushes my brother back as he heads towards the van. 'Hey!' John b calls out for him and I sigh in frustration. 'Let's go see where this son of a bitch lives.' JJ says as I go to grab his hand but he pulls it away from me and looks at me, his face softens for a moment but then he glances down at the man, and anger consumes him once again as he walks over to the van, hopping in. 'I'm gonna remember this shit!' The man yells as we all head back to the van. 'You can't hide from me!' I could hear the man call out before I hop into the van.

To be Continued...