Chapter 61

{The Island Room}

{The Island Room}

The next morning, we all got up early due to the lack of sleep and I made us all pancakes with chocolate and strawberries as we all lay out on the couches on the porch. 'Last night was epic, though.' Pope exclaims and we all nod in agreement. 'Did you see Kelce face?' John b asks looking between Pope and JJ with an amused face. 'Bomb drop!' JJ says loudly and I chuckle at their excitement.

'What's up?' Sarah greets us as she walks up to the porch beside Pope, as he slouches down on the couch. 'Well, hello.' JJ says in a surprising tone. 'Shouldn't you be on Figure Eight with your little group of polo players?' John b comments sarcastically as I glare at him to shut up. 'Or did you break up with Topper?' My brother adds in a harsh tone. 'John b!' I yell grabbing everyone's attention. 'It's okay, Jackie. Thanks though.' Sarah says softly looking at me with a faint smile and I take a deep breath before resting my head on JJ's shoulders once again. 'We're just friends.' She states walking by him. 'He's just a friend. You have a lot of friends, Sarah Cameron.' John b smirks giving her a fake smile. 'Yeah, and it seems like you've got some of your own too. Which by the way they're shit, cause they talked bad about your family.' Sarah turns around and snaps at him and I couldn't help but smile at her comeback. Sarah had really grown on me over the past few months and I see her as my sister now, she may be born a Kook and raised one, but she's a Pogue now. She's family and I never turn my back on family.

'All right, what are you doing here?' John b questions sitting up on the chair. 'I'm here for Pope.' Sarah answers and all our eyes widen in shock at her words. We didn't expect her to say that, and Pope gave her an odd look. 'I think I found the island room.' She states looking at Pope and all our eyes widen in shock. We all quickly sit up as she tells us where it is and we hop into action.

***

'Guys, listen to this.' Pope speaks up as we all are in the van, making our way to the Cameron's residence. I rest my head on JJ's chest as he has his hand around my shoulder stroking my arm, I haven't been feeling the best today with morning sickness. 'The diary says the cross holds the most holy relic in all of Christendom, the Garment of the Savior.' Pope reads out to us. 'So wait, he saying there's a holy garment inside the cross?' Kie asks and Pope nods.

'Yeah. It says the garment is capable of healing the sick from anything.' Pope informs us. 'Mmm, yeah. If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.' JJ quotes, as we all look at him with a confused look. 'Are we nearly there, John b? I really don't feel good.' I mumble as they all look at me with a worried look. 'Calm down, I'm not dying. Just morning sickness and this driving isn't help me.' I chuckle and they all nod. 'Nearly, sis.' He replies looking at me with an assuring smile. 'Anyways, that would explain why Limbrey wants the cross so bad. She thinks it can heal her.' Pope continues. 'What else does it say?' Kie asks. 'Many feel that we have sinned to steal such a sacred thing, and God will stoke his vengeance on us.' Pope reads out. 'Thing is, God did have his vengeance.' Kie states grabbing our attention. 'He sent a hurricane to sink the ship.' Pope tells us as my eyes widen in realisation. 'Only Denmark survived.' Pope adds then we all go quiet, trying to process all this as we pull up to the Cameron's.

Sarah leads us through the house to the island room. 'Whoo!' JJ speaks up as he looks around the house. 'This place still freaks me out.' John b mutters and I nod in agreement. 'Same, bro.' JJ agrees with us as we walk into the island room. 'Whoa! You've got to be kidding me.' Pope exclaims looking around the room. The island room was here all along. A map of the whole island laid beneath the wallpaper, my eyes widen in amusement as I scan the walls. I walk around the room, brushing my hand against the painting as the others talk about the map and how the painting's lined up with Denmark letters. 'This is incredible.' I speak in amusement as I run my hand over some letters.

I lean up against the table to exhausted to help the others, so I just let them figure everything out. 'How did you know to uncover this?' John b asks Sarah. 'I didn't. It was like this when I got home.' She says and my eyes widen as I run my hands through my hair nervously, someone found this before us and that only meant one thing, and it wasn't a good thing. 'What?' JJ asks. 'Okay, then who did it?' Kie asks Sarah. 'I don't know.' Kie asks. 'The freaks.' A voice came from behind us, causing all of us to gasp and jump around, JJ was ready to swing, only to see Wheezie standing there. 'Wheeze!'' Sarah exclaims running over to her sister and hugging her.

'What freaks are we talking about, Wheezie?' I ask walking over to her and Sarah. 'Uh..the sick lady and her attack dog. They showed up last night, and they wanted to talk to Rafe.' She explains. 'Wait. Pale blond lady?' JJ asks her, clenching his fists. 'Uh-huh.' Wheezie nods and I groans. 'Limbrey.' I say in annoyance. 'What happened?' I ask her placing my hand on her shoulder, as she was starting to become nervous. 'First, they..they..they..' she stutters nervously as the group look at her, feeling pressured. 'Hey, hey, it's okay. Take your time.' I assure her and a faint smile appears on her face. 'They searched the whole house looking for something, and then Rafe told me to go upstairs. But I didn't wanna miss out, so I listened through the grate.' She explains, as she rambles on about the cross, an Angel, making the group going into panic, as they look at trying to find an Angel. JJ calls everyone attention when he found a tree with a key hole in it, the tree being called Angel oaks.

'That must be where they are right now! We have to go!' Pope says patting JJ on the shoulder before running out of the room all with Kie. 'I think I'm Sherlock Holmes, all right?' JJ says turning around, feeling smarter than everyone and I chuckle. 'Yes, you are!' I exclaim, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. 'Yeah, hurry up, Sherlock. You two can finish your moment later.' John b says as him and Sarah run out the room. 'Thank you so much, Wheezie. Really, We owe you.' I say with a wide smile spread across her facing, pulling her in for a hug as JJ waits at the door for me. 'No problem, and congratulations! You're going to be an amazing Mom!' Wheezie says looking at me with a smile and I let out a sigh. 'Thank you!' I mutter before grabbing JJ's hand and running out of the house to the van.

To be Continued...