Chapter 39 (season 2)

{1 month later}

{1 month later}

It's been exactly one month today since I lost my brother, John Booker Routledge. A lot has happened in this past month that has changed me as a person. The day after Sarah and John B's death, Shoupe took me into child services but thankfully I was taken in by a nice couple that just moved to Figure 8, Greta and Vivian. They didn't see me as a poor, useless Pogue or the sister of a murderer. They just knew I needed someone that would be there for me and I am so blessed to have them in my life, I really wouldn't have made it this far without them.

I haven't been in the Cut or at the Chateau since I was fostered and to be honest I don't think I'll ever will be ready to go back there, to relive all those memories with my brother. At least, JJ moved in there and is looking after the place for me. JJ and I haven't really talked in the past three weeks, we're no longer together since the incident. The last time we talked was only to give him the keys to the house and van and it's been awkward since we've broken up.

Pope and Kie barely stay in touch with me and we don't hangout everyday like we used to, it just isn't the same without the five of us being together and it never will be. To my surprise, I've actually became good friends with Topper even after all the stuff he has done to my brother and Sarah but that's in the past and I'm really not looking backwards just forwards in life so I forgave him and he's been around a lot to help me. JJ doesn't really like me being friends with him and it's another reason why we don't talk. Anyways, tomorrow I'm starting school again and I'm not one bit excited but at least I have Topper by my side.

⚓️⚓️⚓️

'Are you sure about this?' Topper asks me nervously looking at the tattoo artist tatting my wrist. 'Of course. I've been wanting to do this since I was twelve and I'm seventeen now, so...' I reply with a snarky smirk. 'I can't believe you're getting P4L tattooed onto your wrist.' Topper chuckles nervously. 'My brother and I will always be Pogues for life even if he's no longer here.' I say. After a while, I decided to head back to Vivian and Greta's house and pick an outfit out for tomorrow.

'How was your day?' Vivian asks opening my bedroom door. 'Alright.' I reply as I scavenge through my drawer. 'Did you um..bump into JJ?' She asks nervously and I sigh picking out my ripped denim shorts and placing them beside my top. 'Nope.' I shrug going over to my schoolbag and put my books in. 'You haven't talked to him in a few weeks and Greta and I are worried about you..' she says sitting down on my bed. 'There's nothing to be worried about. JJ and I's break up was mutual. We couldn't handle being in a relationship after John B's death. He got more distant with me while I was making friends with Topper and still in mourning.' I shrug and she sighs. 'We know you love him and you know you love him so don't deny it, Jackie.' She states and I roll my eyes turning around to face her.