Chapter 37

{Goodbye}

{Goodbye}

'Where is he?' I ask as I pace back and forth on the dock. 'Give him a second. He'll be here.' Pope answers. 'He's coming. He'll be fine, baby.' JJ says placing his arms around my waist stopping me from pacing and rests his head against mine and places a soft kiss on the bridge of my nose. 'Guys.' Pope says as a police car approaches us. 'Get in the boat!' JJ demands and we all quickly run to hop into the boat when John b gets out of the car.

'No way.' Kie gasps. 'Johnny.' I exclaim as I run over to him and he picks me up into the air before pulling me into a hug. 'How did you—' JJ says amused. 'You're okay!' I say in excitement as I scan his face for any marks. 'I'm okay.' He assures me pulling away from our hug. Kie pulls John b in for a hug. 'Wasn't easy, bro. But I got the phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday.' JJ says and my brother smiles at him. 'You ready to go?' Kie asks him and he sighs before nodding. 'Are you?' She asks looking at me and I look away out into the ocean. John b sighs rubbing his temples in frustration. 'Jackie?' He speaks up and I look at him raising my eyebrows. 'Hmm.' I say and he sighs before walking over to me. 'What is it, Johnny? We don't have time to waste.' I say and he sighs again as a faint smile appears on his face. 'You can't come with me, Jackie.' He says and all our eyes widen in shock. 'What do you mean?' I ask chuckling nervously. 'You're staying.' He says softly. 'What—I can't let you go by yourself. I can't leave you.' I say shaking my head. 'I'll come back and besides you're better off here with JJ.' John b smiles looking at JJ as I glance at JJ who has a faint smile across his face.

'I'll be back, I promise.' He mutters and I sigh before pulling him in for a hug. 'You better or I'll come find you and kill you myself.' I say and he chuckles. 'I love you, Johnny.' I whisper and he sighs. 'I love you too, Sis.' He replies pulling away from our hug and climbs onto the boat. I glance at JJ and quickly run over to him as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him resting his head on top of mine. 'We'll see you in Mexico in two months.' JJ tells John b as we all begin to tear up. 'Yeah.' Pope and Kie say in unison. ''I'm sorry for throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing.' John b says as a couple tears falling down his cheeks. 'Hey, man. We were bound to go off a cliff at some point.' JJ states as he wraps his arm around my shoulder, I wrap mine around Kies as she wraps hers around Popes shoulder. 'At least we did it together.' Pope smiles. 'Pogue style.' I say softly as a faint smile appears on my brothers face. 'I'll see you guys soon, keep care of her, JJ.' John b says as he goes over to the steering wheel and starts up the boat. 'Don't worry, I will.' JJ smiles as he places a kiss on my forehead. We all wave him off as he pulls away from the dock. Once John b was out of sight, Kie and Pope walked away to have a conversation while JJ and I stood on the dock looking out into the water.

He had his arms around my waist as he rests his head on mine. 'You okay?' He asks me and I sigh before nodding my head and turning around to face him. 'As long as I have you, I'll be okay.' I smile at him. 'He'll come home once it's safe and it'll be okay again.' JJ reassures me. JJ pulls me in for a kiss but we quickly pull apart as our eyes widen in shock seeing Pope and Kie kissing. 'That's new.' JJ chuckles. 'About time.' I say sarcastically. Before we could say another word the sound of police sirens approach us and we are blocked by two police cars. 'Shit.' I curse under my breath as we stand side by side. 'Hands up! Hands up!' The police offer says pointing his gun at us and my eyes widen in fear as JJ steps in front of me and Pope in front of Kie. 'We're too late.' Shoupe sigh. 'He's gone. God damn it!' He yells looking around. 'Where is he? Where the hell is he?' Shoupe asks as he approaches us. 'JJ? I see you're living up to your name.'  Shoupe says, I glare at him about to speak but Kie grabs my hand and stops me. 'Kie, Pope, how about you? This isn't a fucking game!' Shoupe yells approaching them. 'Jackie Routledge.' Shoupe chuckles as he approaches me. 'Where did he go, Jackie? Because this is real and I don't care if he's your brother. He is going to jail.' Shoupe says with a smirk looking at me and I clench my fists in anger.

'He didn't do shit.' I snap at Shoupe. 'Don't make me bring you to the station, Jackie.' Shoupe says and I roll my eyes flipping him off before going silent again. 'Come on, we're taking you four with us.' Shoupe says as four police officers handcuff us and start pulling us towards the cars. 'Let me go!' We all yell. 'Jackie!' JJ yells trying to break free but it was no use as him and Pope get put into the other police car. Tears star rolling down my cheeks as I watch as the police car drives away from the docks.

To Be Continued...