Chapter 63

{Closure}

{Closure}

We quietly sneak up to Kie's house towards her dad's truck. 'He's not in there. We're good.' JJ tells Kie and I as he looks in the truck. 'Are you sure you wanna do this, a little dad Theft auto?' JJ asks her and she shakes her head. 'No.' She mutters. 'All right, here we go. Go, go, go, go.' JJ whispers to her as he opens the gate and she sneaks in. JJ closes it behind her as he sits behind the fence.

'Once this is all over, I'm using my share of the money to have a spa day.' I say and JJ chuckles beside me. 'I'm going to buy us a nice house beside the ocean, and buy a bunch of things for the baby.' He says excitedly. 'Like a baby cot? Playpen? Car seat?' I say softly with a smile. 'And a little surfers outfit, that says my dad is the best surfer, written on it.' He says proudly and I giggle. 'That'll be amazing.' I tell him as I place my hand on his. 'You're going to teach him or her how to surf and fix a car.' I whisper to him and he nods. 'They'll be the next best surfer.' JJ says confidently and I nod in agreement.

After talking about the baby and all the stuff we're going to buy with our share of the money, Kie comes back out with a saddened expression on her face as she tosses the keys to JJ. 'Come on.' She says as she hops in the back seat, JJ gets in the driver seat and I in the passenger seat, as we drive away. After a few minutes, we pull to a stop at the Chateau. 'This'll only take a sec. I think it's in the surf shack.' JJ says as he hops out of the truck and runs towards the shack. He trips over some wireS and falls flat on his face, Kie bursts out laughing as I stick my head out the passenger window. 'You okay, babe?' I ask as I let out a giggle. 'I'm okay.' He assures me as he gets back up and runs to the shack.

Kie and I sit in the truck in complete silence as we wait for JJ to come back. After a few minutes, JJ still hasn't come back. 'JJ!' I call out as I honk the car. Moments later, he reappears shoving his father against the car, my eyes widen in shock. 'What the frick? No. Immediately, no.' Kie and I say in unison, hopping out of the car. 'Just get in the truck.' JJ orders us but I ignore him, as I glare at Luke. 'I'm sorry. The Twinkie's stowing right now, JJ.' Kie argues as Luke hops in the backseat. 'What is the plan?' Kie argues. 'Listen to me, okay? I need to get into the Marina at the island club. There's a boat there he can take. You got the sticker on your truck. Twenty minutes, that's all I need.' He argues and I take a deep breath before nodding. 'Fine.' I say. 'Leave him and we can come back.' Kie protests. 'The cops are after him.' JJ snaps as he walks around the truck to the driver seat. 'If I do this now, maybe I will never have to do it again. He won't be in my life anymore, our child's life.' JJ mutters as he looks at me before hopping in the driver seat. 'Jackie. Front seat with me.' JJ orders, not wanting me to sit at the back beside his father. Kie hops in the back beside Luke as I hop in the passenger seat.

'Don't look at us.' Kie warns Luke as a smirk appears on his face as we drive away. 'Hey, pull up to Home Food here. I'm gonna need provisions.' Luke speaks up, breaking the silence. JJ pulls up to the stop as he hops out. 'Crackers and baked beans and tuna, all right? And some salt and pepper. Five days worth.' Luke tells JJ as he leans out the window watching him go into the shop. I look back at Kie and she rolls her eyes as Luke begins to bang against my seat, pretending he's a drummer. 'So you got knocked up by my boy?' Luke asks looking at me and Kie glares at him. I don't even dare to respond because he doesn't deserve to hear one thing about JJ and I or about the baby. 'I can't believe I'm going to be a grandfather.' Luke exclaims and I snap around looking at him. 'No, you're not! You're a terrible father, you know that? And you'll be a shit grandfather too. Besides, like hell will I ever let my child anywhere near you.' I snap at him and he clenches his fists in anger.

'Do you have any idea how special your son is? Like, even a clue?' I ask shaking my head. 'He's a thief is what he is. And he'll be a dead beat father to your kid just like me.' He says and I clench my fist in anger. 'No, he won't! Because JJ is nothing like you and never will be.' I yell at him. 'You're just a wasted local salt who never did shit but get messed up and hustle people. Not exactly impressive.' I comment as a wicked smirk appears on his face. 'You know, you sound just like your dad. He was just like that in high school. Always thought he was better than everybody else. Pogue Prince. You really think you, JJ and your fucking mistake will have a good life, then you're as dumb as the rest of us.' He says slyly and I throw my elbow back hitting him in the face as Kie gasps. 'Don't talk about my family.' I spit at him as JJ comes out of the shop. Before anything else could happen, JJ comes over to the back window. Tossing his father, the six pack of beer, throwing the rest of his stuff in the back.

He opens the driver seat door, looking between me and his father with a concerned look. 'Lets get this over with, yeah?' I ask him and he nods, starting up the car and driving away. JJ drives to the marina club, as we finally going to get rid of Luke. One less problem for JJ and I. 'Make it quick.' Kie says as JJ and Luke hop out of the truck. 'Have fun getting all fat and hormonal.' Luke says with a devilish smirk, waving at me. 'Shut up.' JJ snaps at him as he grabs him. 'Come on.' JJ tells him as they begin to walk away. 'Hey, Luke.' I call out causing JJ and him to turn around. I give him a fake smile, flipping him off. Luke clenches his jaw in anger as he walks towards me but JJ blocks his way. 'Go! Go!' JJ orders him raising his voice and Luke scoffs before carrying on.

{JJ's POV}
'Did you have to do that?' I ask looking at my father. 'Did you have to go after her like that?' I say as I let out a sigh. 'I told her the truth. She didn't like it.' My father replies. 'Everything. Hmm. Everything I have, you fucking ruin.' I snap at him. 'I don't try to. Just happens naturally.' He replies and I scoff. 'Just don't come after her of all people.' I sigh in relief knowing there probably won't be a next time. 'She's my entire world. She's the love of my life and is carrying my child. I don't need you fucking messing this up for me, because I am going to be a father. A better one than you'll ever be, I'll love my child unconditionally, I'll always be by their side through the bad and good times. I won't be a fuck up like you. I'll be the best father and treat the woman I love and my child properly.' I yell at my father but he just ignores me as he goes inside the boat.

{Jackie's POV}
Kie and I just sit in the truck in silence, as we wait for JJ I look out into the ocean. I try to clear my mind but nothing helped. All I could think of was JJ. He didn't deserve the life he got, out of everyone he deserved to have an amazing childhood with loving parents but he never got that and it makes me sad. He deserves happiness, love, and a life full of good memories. And I'm determined to provide all that for him for the rest of our lives.

I take a deep breath as I hop out of the car. 'Where are you going?' Kie asks me and I let out a sigh. 'To be with him.' I mutter running towards the dock. As I walk up to JJ, I could hear him sniffling. I run into his arms and wipe away his tears. He lets go of the rope to the boat as his father drives away. Even though it was hard for JJ to see his father leave him, even after everything he did to him, it was finally closure. 'I love you.' I whisper as I grab his hand and place a gentle kiss on his ring. 'I love you too.' He says wrapping his arms around my waist and places a kiss on my forehead. 'Let's go get the Twinkie.' He says clearing his throat as he wraps his arm around my shoulder and we walk back to the truck.

To Be Continued...