Chapter 20

{Hawke's Nest}

{Hawke's Nest}

After we all piled together in the van and head to the Hawke's nest to meet Sarah. I don't really like Sarah from what Kie has told me and because she's a Kook, but if she really matters to my brother than I can push my feelings towards her to the side, for him.

'Hit it, boys! We're going.' Pope says sliding the door open. 'Recon mission.' JJ tells us as the four of us are about to get out but my brother runs over and blocks our way. 'Yo, uh..so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself.' John b mutters and we all roll our eyes. 'Really?' JJ asks leaning back in the van as he fixes his hat. 'What?' John b shrugs, looking at him. 'Nothing, brother.' He shrugs. 'Look, I just don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery.' John b states and I nod in agreement as he smiles at me.

'I just don't understand why we're involving her at all.' Kie argues as Pope and JJ roll their eyes. 'Kie, we're not involving her, okay?' John b declares. 'It's-its just like a business meeting.' He mumbles. 'Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right?' John b states looking at us all and the group all nod in agreement. 'Promise me nothing's happening between you.' Kie tells John b and he nods. 'Nothing is happening, Kie.' He lies. 'That was really believable.' JJ says sarcastically. 'A hundred percent believable.' Pope says with a smirk as him and JJ both laugh. 'Anyways, um..I'm gonna take care of business.' He says walking away from the van but I quickly get out and run after him.

'Johnny?' I ask coming up behind him and he turns around. 'Yeah, Jackie?' He says as I take a deepbreath. 'I'm your twin sister, John b so please don't lie to me. Is there really something going on between Sarah and you?' I ask him nervously and he sighs. 'Y-Yes! I really like her.' He answers sheepishly and a smile appears on my face as I see how happy and shy he is. I never seen my brother act like this over someone especially a Kook. 'I'm okay with it, if you want her to get her involved. After all, you deserve to be happy.' I assure him and he picks me up and twirls me around in the air before placing me on the ground and pulling me in for a hug.

'You know, you're the best sister ever.' He says and I chuckle. 'I'm your only sister, dummy.' I say sarcastically and he chuckles. 'I know I don't say it a lot but I love you, Jackie. I wouldn't have done this all without you.' He smiles and I let out a sigh. 'You would have been able without me, after all you're the brains of the family.' I tease playfully pushing him. 'Now go back to the van, it's cold out here.' He states and I nod walking away. 'Oh, I love you too, dummy.' I smile facing him and he salutes me before walking away.

When I get back to the van, Kie and Pope were bickering about this whole night while JJ rolls a blunt for himself. 'Mind if I have some?' I ask with a smile leaning on the exterior of the van, JJ smiles hopping out and places one hand above my head on the van as he leans down towards me placing the blunt in my mouth and lighting it, with a devilish smirk. 'Thanks.' I reply taking a hit from it before giving it back to him.

'What did you and Johnny talk about?' He asks me and I sigh. 'Nothing, I just told him that I'd be okay with it if he let Sarah get involved. Besides, it won't be that bad to have an extra pair of hands to help us.' I say and he nods. 'Yeah, I'm good with it too but Kie's not and Pope is going to take her side on this too.' JJ says and I sigh. He places his hand under my chin and leans closer to me about to kiss me until we hear a scream.

'Help!' My head snaps to the direction my brother walked towards a few minutes ago, hearing the screaming again. 'Johnny!' I yell running towards the Hawke's nest, the group follow behind me.

As I get closer, I could see my brother laying on the sand motionless as Sarah hovers over him comforting him. I look up above them and see a piece of the railing broken off. I sprint to my brother quickly and my knees buckle from underneath me as I fall to the ground beside him.

'John b? Johnny, wake up!' I say as tears begin to fill my eyes as his body remains still. 'What happened?' JJ quickly asks. 'Topper pushed him.' Sarah answers. 'Call 911! Fucking call 911!' I scream at the others as I place my head on his chest, a faint heartbeat thuds against his chest. 'He's still breathing!' I announce to the groups as Pope sprints back to the van to grab a phone. 'Stay with me John b, don't you dare leave me. I can't live without you, brother. I need you so please stay with me.' I cry cradling his body. 'I-I can't lost him.' I cry out as JJ and Kie look at me with a sad expression.

After a few minutes, the ambulance came and I quickly stood up as the paramedics came over with the stretcher and rush my brother to the ambulance. We all run towards the ambulance but the paramedic blocks our way. 'Family only.' He states. 'I'm his sister.' I sniffle as tears still roll down my face along with mud all over my dress. 'Go! We'll meet you there.' Kie says and I nod before placing a kiss on JJs cheek and hop into the ambulance.

Once we arrived at the hospital, my brother was rushed away into a hospital room as I stood outside the door, frozen in my spot. I don't know how long I was standing there until I hear a familiar voice speak up from behind me.

'Baby.' JJ says softly running towards me and pulls me in for a hug. We stay there for a moment until he interlocks his hand with mine and we walk into the waiting room with Kie and Pope and wait. Sarah shows up after a few minutes and she immediately runs over to me and pulls me in for a hug, earning a few glares from Kie. 'I'm so sorry, Jackie. I didn't know Topper was there, and—' her voices trembles as she speaks to me but I cut her off by stroking my hand through her hair trying to calm her.

'Shh, ssh, calm down. It's not your fault.' I assure her as we pull away from our hug and I wipe her tears away. 'Come on, let's sit down.' I say linking hands with her and sit down, she rests her head on my shoulder as I rub my hand through her hair calming her. 'What the hell.' Kie whispers to me and I just roll my eyes. 'Not now.' I whisper back to her and she just scoffs, crossing her arms and looking away.

To Be Continued...