Chapter 64

{The Cross}

{The Cross}

We quickly drove back to where the others were. We pull to a stop as we quickly hop out. 'Where the hell were you guys?' Pope yells, throwing his hands up in frustration. 'Paternal complications.' Kie answers looking at JJ and I. 'Luke was at the Chateau.' JJ sighs, pulling out the stuff he needs from the back.

'Oh, great! While you were having family time with your pops, John b got bit by a gator.' Pope yells gesturing over to John b, my eyes widen in fear as I look at blood scattered across the hood. 'Oh god, Johnny.' I gasp running over to him and examine his wound. 'It's doesn't look too bad and hasn't hit any of your nerves. I'll clean it out and stitch it when we get home.' I say placing my hand on his and giving it a reassuring squeeze. 'Like for real?' JJ questions. 'Yes, for real.' John b, Sarah and Pope say in unison. 'Does it look like we're joking?' Sarah snaps at Kie and JJ. 'Okay, what the hell happened?' Kie asks walking forward. 'What happened? I got bit by a gator!' John b yells at Kie. 'I don't know why I'm being yelled at. I put my ass on the line.' Kie yells back at Pope and John b.

John b, Sarah, Pope and Kie begin yelling at one another, I start to get a headache from their argument as I look over at JJ, he grew more stressed as the bickering continued. His hands grip the side of his head. 'Shut up!' JJ yells over their argument. We all look at him with concern. 'Seriously, guys, I can't take it anymore, neither can Jackie, all right?' He shouts raising his hands in frustration. 'Everyone just cut it out for a second. Look, I just helped my dad leave this island for good. Like, he's not ever coming back. He's straight up like the Spanish. Just, Bon Voyage.' He waves off, we all furrow our eyebrows as we glance at each other. 'That's not the right language.' Pope remarks, JJ ignores his comment.

'And I know for a fact all I got is you guys, okay? You're it.' He states looking at me as a faint smile appears on his face. 'And I've come too close to losing you, all of you. I mean, shit, Jackie you nearly drowned and were shot. Pope, you were kidnapped. Sarah, you've been shot. John b, you were almost dinner for a freaking gator, bro. Kie, you nearly got shipped off to boarding school.' He gestures to each one of us. 'So, this blaming each other is some Kook-ass bullshit, all right? We don't do that. Okay? We're Pogues.' He finishes. 'Sorry, that was a lot right now.' He waves us off, coming over to me and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me in for a hug as he rests his head against mine, letting out a sigh of relief.

We all glance at each other, before we begin to applaud JJ for his speech. 'Well done.' Pope claps proudly. 'I gotta be honest. That was the best freaking speech you have ever given.' John b says with a smile as we continue clapping. 'That was amazing, baby.' I say softly as I wrap my hands around his neck and he swings me around. 'You're amazing.' I add and he chuckles nervously. 'I love you.' He whispers placing a kiss on my forehead. 'Also, you should think about, like, a Rosetta Stone because your Spanish and French are flip flopped.' John b says, making all of us burst out laughing. He flips them off as he pulls me in for a kiss. I giggle between our kiss. 'We should Bon voyage out of here.' Sarah mocks JJ in amusement. 'Yeah, lovebirds. Come on.' Pope smiles as he walks past us. 'All right, let's get this damn Twinkie out of here.' JJ exclaims as he interlocks his hand with mine.