Chapter 42

{Clear His Name}

'I never doubted them.' JJ cheers as the four of us exit the Chateau. 'I owe you five bucks.' Kie laughs. 'Kiara, I need those setups done by five!' Kie's mom calls out as we walk by them. 'There are other people that work here.' Kie sneers as we walk onto the docks towards the benches. 'So we're going to the Bahamas or what?' I question as I sit down beside JJ. 'There's no way we're going to the Bahamas.' Pope replies and I sigh in frustration.

'John b will get nabbed sooner or later. So if we're going to clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday.' Kie cackles. 'I'll tell you how we do it.' JJ shrugs looking at me before standing up and facing the three of us. 'So you have it all planned out?' Pope scoffs mocking him. 'As a matter of fact, I do.' JJ states proudly. 'We kidnap Rafe.' He declares and all our eyes widen in shock. 'I'm sorry, what?' Pope questions and JJ chuckles. 'We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking.' JJ tells us. 'You know, torture's a war crime.' Kie says sarcastically and I let out a chuckle. 'Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John b's name from a prison cell? Because that's a felony.' Pope drawls and JJ rolls his eyes. 'All right, well, what do you got, Pope? I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop, and we're done.' JJ says before sitting back down beside me as he accidentally brushes his hand against mine and our eyes meet for a split second before I clear my throat and look away from him and he lets out a sigh.

'Guys, all we need is a material witness. We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it.' Pope explains and I take a deepbreath as the memory rushes through my head. 'He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered.' He continues to explain and I sigh in frustration as I stand up and rest my hands in the fence as I lean over it and look at the ocean. 'Peterkin...' I whisper grabbing their attention. 'What?' JJ asks furrowing his eyebrows in confusion looking at me and I quickly clear my throat and turn around to face them again. 'Nothing, continue Pope.' I shrug. 'We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record.' Pope declares and we all look at each other furrowing our eyebrows. 'How do we do that?' Kie asks. 'A little light espionage.' Pope shrugs looking at her with a smile. 'A little ghost recon.' JJ says as he fixes his cap. 'Woogity-woogity.' Pope chants as we all do our group handshake. 'Woogity, baby.' JJ exclaims and I couldn't help but smile at this little moment. It's something I thought I'd never have again in my life after losing my brother, but yet here I am beside the man that I love and my two best friends in the world. My life was finally starting to look up the only problems were getting Sarah and my brother home and clearing his name and... JJ and I. Will we ever get back together again? It's something I've been thinking a lot about since we broke up. I don't think I can ever live my life fully if he's not by my side, I just don't know if now is the right time to bring up him and I.

***

We all quickly hopped into Kie's car. Kie is driving, Pope is in the passenger seat while JJ and I are sitting in the back in complete awkward silence. 'If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped.' Pope speaks up breaking the silence. 'So then direct approach gets my vote.' JJ smiles as he takes out his gun from his bag. 'JJ, no.' Pope argues. 'No. What?' JJ asks. 'Put the gun down, man.' Pope demands and JJ scoffs. 'Baby, please.' I plead as I place my hand on his gun and gently take it away from him, his eyes widen as he looks at me. 'What?' I ask furrowing my eyebrows. 'Y-You called me baby...' he stutters as his face turns red and my eyes widen in shock. 'I did? Shit. Sorry.' I apologise slumping back on the chair, facing my head towards the window, I couldn't look at him I felt so embarrassed.

'We just tickle the wire.' Pope smiles at us. 'What?' Kie asks. 'We tickle the wire.' Pope replies. 'I planted my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your AirPods.' Pope explains and a smile appears on his face. 'God, I've missed your smart thinking, Pope.' I exclaim and he chuckles. 'I think that's his house over there.' Pope points at a random house as Kie pulls to a stop. 'Alright, honk..or yell to something if you see anything suspicious.' Pope says to Kie and I and we nod in confirmation. 'Don't do anything dangerous.' Kie mutters and JJ and I look at each other furrowing our eyebrows in confusion. 'Come on. I'm not JJ.' Pope says sarcastically and I burst out laughing while JJ scoffs. 'Funny, Pope. Appreciating the love.' JJ sasses and I laugh. I look out the window and watch as Pope sneaks around the house until he's too far from my sight.

'So..you and Pope are good?' I ask and Kie turns around and looks at me furrowing her eyebrows. 'Jackie.' She says sternly and JJ chuckles. 'What? I haven't talked to you guys in a month. A few things were bound to happen while I wasn't here.' I defend and JJ sighs. 'It's going good.' She answers with a blush and a smile appears on my face. 'I'm happy you're happy, Kie. You deserve it.' I say placing my hand on hers and she smiles at me. 'So do you, Jackie.' Kie replies looking at JJ and giving him a look before glancing at me. 'How's everything between you guys since you broke up?' She questions and JJ and I's eyes widen in shock. 'Don't want to talk about it.' JJ mutters crossing his arms and turns his face towards the window and Kie rolls her eyes as I let out a sigh. 'It'll be okay.' She mouths to me and I just shrug before she turns back around.

To Be Continued...