Chapter 32

{Downfall}

{Downfall}

'You sure he got everything?' Kie asks John b and I as we all minus Pope sit on the dock by the Chateau. 'Every bar.' John b confirms as I rest my head on JJs chest and he strokes his arm through my hair. 'The whole enchilada.' I add as my brother sighs in frustration before he pulls off his cast from his wrist with a grunt. 'Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit.' He sighs tossing the cast across the dock. 'John b—' Kie begins to argue but my brother cuts her off. 'What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?' He tells her. 'You should care. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life.' Kie tells him as JJs places a kiss on my cheek and I look up at him before interlocking our hands.

'Guys! Guys!' Pope yells as he sprints towards us. 'How was your interview?' I ask a little bit too excitedly and he sighs. 'Oh! Oh! Oh, god. I ran all the way here.' He pants trying to catch his breath. 'You all right?' John b asks him as he continues to pants. 'How was the interview, Pope?' JJ and I ask in unison before looking at each other and chuckling. 'Don't ask.' He grunts, I raise my eyebrows in confusion. 'Jackie, JB. Look, I'm sorry.  About everything.' He apologizes looking at my brother and than to me. 'It's fine.' I say with a smile and he nods his head. 'But I don't have a lot of time and I have information that is tactically relevant.' Pope declares and we all look at him.

'So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?' Pope informs us and all our eyes widen at the realisation. 'Gold.' JJ answers and Pope jumps up into the air with excitement. 'Exactly.' He says pointing at JJ. 'Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go.' Pope explains. 'Guys, we can't give up now.' Kie exclaims looking at us all. 'What's the plan, big man?' JJ asks my brother as I pull him in for a hug. 'We're gonna steal that shit back.' My brother declares and we all jump in the air excited. JJ picks me up and spins me around in the air before placing me back on the ground and grabs my hand as we all rush to the van.

***

'We go in there, guns a-blazing, make Ward Cameron beg for mercy.' JJ states loading his gun as John b drives us to the airstrip. 'Send it down the intracoastal.' John b adds. 'Wait for the weather.' Kie also adds. 'Exit to Cuba.' Pope continues. 'Cuba? No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan.' JJ says giving me a smile and I chuckle. 'Let's do this shit.' John b states as he pulls to a stop at the airstrip. We all hop out of the van and walk over to the fence.

'What's the plan?' Kie asks. 'I don't think we got that far.' I answer and she sighs. 'They're loading up the gold.' Pope informs us looking through binoculars. He hands them to my brother. 'There's Ward.' John b states. My brothers eyes widen as he drops the binoculars from his face. 'What?' Kie and I ask him in unison. 'It's Sarah.' He answers and our eyes widen in shock as we get a closer look at the plane and see Sarah with Ward. 'She's with him?' Pope asks and I shake my head. John b looks through the binoculars again. 'Wait, he's hurting her.' John b says. 'What?' We all ask him as he clenches his fists. 'They're fighting. Holy shit.' John b sighs stepping back from the fence. 'John b?' I ask him as he hops back into the van.

He starts the car and starts driving towards the fence, JJ quickly grabs my hand and pulls me towards him as my brother rams through the fence and drives towards the plane. 'Johnny! Johnny! Stop!' I yell as I was about to run after him but JJ holds me back. 'We got to go.' JJ tells me and I shake my head. 'I'm not leaving my brother.' I argue and he sighs. 'We can't help him if we get arrested.' He states and I sigh before nodding my head and he pulls me along as we runaway from the airstrip. Tears starts falling from my eyes as I hear the airplane starts up and look back to see my brother drive infront of the plane.

We find an old shack that's used as storage now. We all sit behind an old price of machinery in silver before a plane flies over us, Ward Cameron's plane. 'It's gone.' I yell as I kick some boxes to the side. 'Dammit.' Pope yells as he grabs a chair and throws it across the storage room. 'Fuck!' He curses as he grabs a baseball bat and starts breaking things, we all glance at each other before looking at Pope. 'Pope, it's okay.' Kie says trying to calm him but it doesn't work. 'No, it's not okay! I lost my scholarship. I walked out in the middle of the interview. Every—it's gone. It's not gonna happen.' He says as tears fall from his face, I walk over to him and pull him in for a hug. 'I-I'm so sorry.' I whisper to him. 'You did that for us?' Kie asks softly and Pope looks up at her as I wrap my arms around JJs shoulder and lean my head on it. 'No, not for us. For nothing.' He states walking up to Kie.

'I'm here for you, Pope.' JJ says pulling away from me and wrap his arm around Pope's shoulder. 'Welcome to my world, okay?' He mutters and I sigh. 'JJ—' Kie goes to speak but JJ cuts her off. 'What, Kie? He's right. It doesn't matter anymore.' JJ says. 'You don't have to do that.' Kie shrugs as Pope takes a hit from JJs blunt. 'What do you care?' He asks her sternly and my eyes widen as I see the people I love argue to one another. 'P-please, just stop.' I say softly and they all look over at me. 'I-I lost my dad because of this gold, Pope lost his scholarship because of it and my brother is probably going to lose his life because of it.' I say as my voice cracks holding back tears. 'I don't think I can keep it together if I see you all argue with one another, so please just stop.' I beg and they all sigh as JJ walks over to me and pulls me in for a hug.

My eyes widen in shock and a sigh of relief escapes my mouth as I see my brother appear. 'Dude! Dude, you good?' JJ asks as we all notice the blood on his hands. 'John b!' I say as I run over to him. 'Is this yours?' JJ asks. 'Whose blood is that, John b?' I ask as my heart rate starts to escalate. My brother just stands there in shock as tears fall from his eyes, we hear police siren and quickly  duck behind some crates. JJ quickly interlocks our hands together and give my hand a reassuring squeeze as the police car drives past us. This really is our downfall.

To be Continued..