Chapter 12

{Sinking Boat}

{Sinking Boat}

"Hey, what's up? Looking good, Jackie." Rafe greets us, walking towards us. "Fucking fantastic," I whisper to Pope. "Hey, how much for one of those beers?" He asks pointing his golf club at the beers in my hand. "Not for sale," I say sternly trying to walk past him but he puts the golf club in front of me, blocking my way.

"Oh, wait, wait, wait. You can just give us one, then, right?" Rafe says and I scoff. "Are you deaf? I just said they're not for sale, so go buy them like a normal person." I argue. "Jackie.." Pope tries to stop me but I ignore him and try to walk away but Rafe elbows me in the face causing me to drop the beers. "What the hell, Rafe!" Pope yells as he puts down the bags and examines my face. "Are you..." Pope goes to ask me but is cut off by Rafe's club hitting him in the back causing him to fall to the ground.

"Pope!" I yell about to kneel but Rafe grabs me by the wrist and pulls me closer to him. "You fucking owe us for the things you just broke!" I spit in his face. "I don't owe you shit, pogue!" Rafe yells bringing his face closer to mine, fear starts to consume my whole body but I won't allow it to surface, I won't allow Rafe to see me scared.

"Hold her!" Rafe says pushing me into Topper and he wraps his arms around me tightly. "Let go of me!" I yell trying to get out of his grasp. All of a sudden, Rafe starts to repeatedly hit Pope with his golf club and my eyes widen in fear as I see Pope groan in pain and spit out blood. "Oh my god, Pope!" I yell. "Rafe, stop! You fucking psycho!" I scream. Rafe stops hitting Pope and looks at me with the most wicked and creepiest smile ever, he walks closer to me as Topper lets go of me and Rafe grabs hold of my throat and lifts me off the ground.

"Jackie Routledge. Pogue Princess. John B's amazing little sister and JJ's whore." Rafe spits on my face as I try to fight for air. "L..L..Let go.." I gasp trying to catch my breath but his grip tightens around my neck. "What the hell, man!" Topper shouts at Rafe. "You're going to kill her!" Topper shouts at him again trying to shove Rafe. With all my strength I lift my hand and punch Rafe in the face, biting his hand and making him drop me to the ground, as I try to catch my breath, Topper grabs Rafe and urges him to leave, the both of them turn around but before they leave.

Rafe walks over to me and kneels. "We don't want you here. Got that? Stay off figure eight, Pogue." Rafe says spitting on the ground beside me before walking off. Pope quickly scrambles over to me as I'm still trying to catch my breath. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod. "Y-Yeah, just give me a minute.." I mumble and Pope curses and shouts before picking me up and running back to the boat with me.

JJ's eyes widen as he sees Pope walking towards the boat with me in his hands. "What the hell happened?" JJ asks jumping out of the boat and rushing over to me, he takes me off Pope and stands me up but still has his hand placed on my waist. "Jackie? Jackie? Are you okay?" He panics and I take a deep breath as he wraps his arms around my back and pulls me in for a hug. "I'm fine," I whisper to him before limping over to the boat and getting on.