Chapter 69

{The Coastal Ventures}

After a while, a voice speaks through the intercom telling everyone to report to the hull. 'They did it!' John b grins. 'That's our boy.' JJ says proudly. We all hurry through the vent. 'Once they're all in the hull, Jackie and I will lock them inside.' JJ says as he helps me down onto the ground. 'Kie and I will find Sarah and get the lifeboat.' John b says. 'We'll meet you, load the cross and get outta here.' Kie states as we all go our separate ways.

JJ and I make our way to the hull, hiding behind crates and counting all the men that walked by us. 'Psst. How many?' JJ whispers to me. I hold up three fingers and he lets out a sigh. We watch as the Camerons walk by, I flinch back against the wall as Rafe looks towards our direction, but carries on walking into the hull. 'That's all of the crew.' I mutter to JJ. 'Except Ward. We need Ward.' He tells me and I let out a sigh of frustration. 'We can't wait.' I state and he lets out a sigh. JJ takes a moment to think before we run to the door. We grab ahold of the door, swing it shut, as people begin to bang on it, JJ pushes harder against the door with all his strength. 'Close it! Close it!' He says struggling and I use all of my strength as we close it shut and I lock it. 'There's another door!' JJ panics as we could hear other people shouting it in the room. 'Fuck!' I curse as we begin running to the other door. Once again, I grab hold of the door as JJ and I push it close and he locks it. 'Come on.' JJ says as he grabs my hand and we run to the bottom of the ship, where the cross is. 'Time to jack this look.' JJ says as we make our way down the ladder. 'Here she is.' JJ smiles as we approach the box, throwing off the tarp around it. The gold brightens up the room and our eyes widen in amusement at its beauty.

'Beach house.' JJ chuckles looking at me with a grin. I nod in agreement as we do our group handshake. A moment later, the ceiling above us opens up, Pope reveals himself, standing at the top. JJ and I burst out laughing. 'Whoo!' JJ and I cheer. 'That's what I'm talking about! Let's go!' JJ exclaims. 'The time where people do shit to us and we just sit back and take it is over.' Pope throws his fist in the air as JJ and I cheer him on. We quickly begin to tie up the cross as Pope runs over to the crane and climbs up it. Once Pope was in the crane, he lowers down the hook attached to the crane. JJ grabs the rope and attaches it on. We begin to direct Pope as he lifts the cross up, not going quite as planned since it keeps swinging side to side. 'Whoa, whoa. Whoa, whoa!' JJ yells as the rope puts him flying on the ground and the cross hits into a crate, knocking it over. 'Shit, shit, shit. Sorry! My bad!' Pope calls out and I let out a sigh of frustration. 'Your other middle!' I yell at him. 'Hey.' Cleo calls out from the top of the open roof. 'Did John b get the lifeboat?' Pope asks her. 'I didn't see him.' Cleo answers him and I take a few deep breaths as I begin to worry for the others. 'Hurry!' Cleo urges Pope on as he begins to lift the cross again. 'There it is. Yeah.' JJ exclaims, letting go of the rope. 'Let's go help John b load it up on the lifeboat.' JJ says as he grabs my hand and we make our way around the boat, trying to find John b. We run around the side of the boat and immediately stop in my tracks as JJ looks overboard.