ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 47 - 𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢.

ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ʙᴇᴇɴ 2 ʟᴏɴɢ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴅꜰᴜʟ ᴅᴀʏꜱ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ.

I hadn't been sleeping at all, I couldn't. I was afraid to sleep. I was in fear of losing everything. I couldn't close my eyes in fear of losing Tommy, of closing off my mind to forget the memories of him. I was afraid of the dark, in which I would forget the way he looks or what he lived for. I was afraid that I wouldn't wake up. My body was drowsy always, and my mind was closed off. I struggled to talk to Techno and I think he was starting to give up on helping me.

I was constantly cold, and sore. My neck and throat were red raw from the rubbing and scratching. My leg was broken badly but making a slow recovery, Techno made me drink two healing potions a day. My cut hand was wrapped up nicely and was making a quick recovery. I hadn't talked much in 2 days, and I didn't know whether I still had a voice. My eyes were swollen, it reminded me of Pogtopia when I was beaten up by Schlatt.

Despite every single ounce of pain, I decided the day was meant to be put to good use. I ignored protests from Techno about my broken leg and I limped-with a new splint- to the basement and picked up some stone.

"Woah, Thora. Please baby, give me it." Techno said and took the stone out of my arms. I turned and started walking. I don't know where to, but I knew that Techno wouldn't want to have a gravestone of Tommy in his land so I needed to build it far out. I limped over snow hills and past  a few trees, Techno following me silently.

"Thora, stop. We can build it here." Techno said and I heard the sound of stone hitting the ground. He was starting to get sick of me, and I wanted to cry but I just couldn't face him. I looked out into the distance we were stood on the very edge of a mountain, no wonder he wanted me to stop. I was about to walk off.

I turned and sat down in front of the stone. It was going to be a small grave stone but that didn't matter. I don't think Tommy would be happy with the attention of his death. I think Tommy would want people to respect him more than give him the attention.

"I'll build it." Techno muttered as he got out his pickaxe and started chipping away at the stone to make it smooth and rounded.

"You don't even know what im building..."I muttered, my voice disappearing towards the end. He looked up at me with sympathy and I almost cried. I can't imagine how bad I must be making him feel.

"Your building a gravestone for him, it's okay. Just because I don't get along with him..."

I nodded and I watched as Techno finally got a good shape with the stone. I used my hands to create a small dent in the snow and ground so the grave would sit perfectly. My nails and hurt hand was dirty, and the mud made my nails look black. I sighed, this was a mess.

Techno stuck the stone into the ground and it sat there nicely. I pushed the snow up to the stone to make it look nicer, and then Techno handed me his pickaxe so I could engrave Tommy's name into the stone.

ᴛᴏᴍᴍʏ.

ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ.

ᴀ ꜱᴏᴜʀᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ.

ᴍᴀʏ ʜᴇ ʀᴇꜱᴛ ɪɴ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ.

The writing was messy and un-neat due to the large pickaxe against the small stone surface but if you looked close enough, the saying was clear. I placed my body against the stone and sat in silence as Techno watched. I missed him.

All I could think about was his terror in prison, him being all alone despite my efforts to try and get him out. Could I have done more to help? I probably could have, but I let him down. Now, he's gone forever. I closed my eyes as my head rested against the freezing stone.

"Thora, we cant stay here. You have no coat on."

"Just 5 more minutes please..."

I heard shuffling and I felt Techno pick me up, I was expecting to be thrown over his shoulder to go back home but instead I was placed on his lap as his back rested against the stone. I cuddled into his arms and he held me gently, afraid I would break.

"I know you miss him."

"So much. I did so little to help. Now he's gone." I had ran out of tears, this was all coming from deep somewhere where the emotions couldn't reach the surface anymore. Every tear was trapped down below, "I wont every see him again."

"I don't know what to say Thora, I know it's hard."

"I just never wanted this to happen. I swore to protect him. Do you remember when I even pointed a sword at you because you went to attack him?" I chuckled, my voice hoarse.

"Yeah, and you did a good job protecting him. He wouldn't have made it so far without you."

I nodded, maybe that was true. Sometimes I just wondered why I'm here, at all. What is my point in this place? Am I forever destined to protect the ones I love from the ones I hate? Am I forever destined to lose people and watch people fade away? Am I forever destined to fight battles? Am I forever destined to feel like this?

ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ. ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ.