ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 54 - 𝔄 𝔣𝔢𝔴 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔰

ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴏᴜʀꜱᴇ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀᴍ ᴅᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇꜱᴇʀᴛ.

Foolish and I went back to where my new home would be and we got to work immediately. Since it was just me, I wanted a small house but big enough where I could be comfy alone. A small cottage to fit the theme of flowers and such, it was the total opposite of the cabin in the snow and I liked it surprisingly. No more cold feet to the point of ruined skin and bleeding. I could walk around freely without worrying about my toes freezing off.

It was looking good so far, we had decided to work mostly on the garden on my cottage today. We decided to no longer put the fountain in the middle of paved road and instead but it in the grass. I didn't want a large flowing fountain so we put in at grass level with a little bit that raised up in the middle to make up the fountain.

Once that was built, we let the cement dry in the sun so we could put water in it by the end of the day. We then took the rest of the time until midnight, to collect resources. I went underground to collect and Foolish went to his place to collect tools and such which would be made to build my cottage.

"How much stone did you get, because I got a shit ton." Foolish said as he placed down a whole chest he decided to carry from his summer home.

"Yeah I got 2 big chests full. I also made a few smooth stone while you went." I said as I wiped off the sweat from my forehead.

"Cool, ready to head back now?" He asked and we walked to the open portal to head back to the desert to sleep and get ready for the next few weeks of building.

~~~~~

It had been 3 weeks and the final touches were being made to the cottage, the inside was mostly decorated and I loved it. It was finally my home. Mine, the one that I designed and kind of built. It was mostly the work of Foolish but it was none of his beautiful ideas. He gave me a lot of good tips and tricks to make a place beautiful and I really liked his ideas but I wanted it to be my own design.

The cottage was built in a corner sort of, we had built the cottage next to a thick layer of trees whereas the other two sides were completely open and free. I liked the fact that my house would be in the corner, out of the way and hard to see. It's kind of how I wanted to be myself, but I never could be. One side of my cottage was illuminated by light from the sun and that's mostly where the flowers grew.

We had the fountain directly in front of the cottage and the light hit the fountain all throughout the day. The sky was clear and the flowers sitting idly in the distance were tranquil, and I felt at peace here. Without the narrowing cold and snow always trying to find a way to bite at my skin. Without the dark cloudy sky or the bipolar weather in the tundra.

In the 3 weeks, I had only cried 5 times. I would say that was a win in my book. Only 5 times had I thought about Technoblade and only 5 times had I cried. It still hurt to think about and it constantly gave me headaches to cry in silence to try and not wake up Foolish or Kingsley. I think that's part of the reason I was really excited to move in on my own. So I could cry freely.

Foolish and I were standing in front of the house, and it was finally complete. Foolish had become a pretty good friend and I enjoyed his company a lot more than I should have. He was always a happy person and cracking jokes, but he was also very fun and compassionate. I liked his energy a lot as it reminded me of how chaotic Tommy and Tubbo used to be before...well, before everything. I guess I liked Foolishs' innocence, he hadn't really met Dream so he didn't know the extent of damage Dream caused. Foolish was pure in that sense, he had no reason to be traumatised or disheartened. I hoped that he didn't in the future.

"Well, I guess this is it. Do you want to head in?" I asked as Foolish washed his dirty hands in the fountain. He nodded and we headed inside.

The door was open and as you walked into the door, we had a chilling place. A fireplace and a few chairs, and a window seat where I could continue reading books. The floor was a soft beige carpet and the chairs were a black. The walls were a soft orange colour. It was a big joint room into a sort of kitchen area where I had a crafting bench and a smoker to cook foods. I had your normal sink and stuff which were colour co-ordinated with the white tiled floor and black benches and orange walls again. There was also a mostly white bathroom, a bathtub lay in the middle of the room- it reminded me of the castle. A time when I was truly content with life.