ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 96 - 𝔄 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔓𝔞𝔦𝔫

ʟ'ᴍᴀɴʙᴜʀɢ ᴡᴀꜱ ɪɴ ꜱɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴏʀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴘᴇᴅ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴢʏᴏɴ Qᴜɪᴄᴋʟʏ.

We looked at L'Manburg, it was vastly different to how it was a few months ago. More vines littered the obsidian grid, and many hung low over the massive hole in the earth's crust. The glass had been gone for some time, and because of that it allowed the environment to terraform and spring to live with flowing water, vines and flowers. It was a beautiful tragedy.

George wasted no time with running closer towards the edge of the hole. I smiled as he looked down into the below. I wasn't sure if George had ever seen it since the war. I know he didn't go out much but its been a long time – surely he has?

"WHY IS IT BEAUTIFUL HERE?" He shouted, and I laughed. I guess he was pretty content in Kinoko to not come out and explore ever. I walked over and joined him, I looked over at the old L'Manburg Flag that Phil stood up at the bottom. The water pooled around the flag and it was quite a sight to see. The red vines were gone too, and i realised it had been months since I last saw any. Perhaps, the red Banquet was finally the end for both George and I.

"I thought you would've seen this to be honest." I said, but he shook his head in awe of what was below his feet.

"Okay, enough oogling. We need to find a present." George said with a frown, his eyes following the edge of the ridge.

"It's blue, how can we not see it? Plus, he said it's not far down." I said, I moved from George's side and walked around the side, squinting my eyes so I could see better below me and on the opposite side. I saw George looking and going on the other side of myself.

I saw a flash of blue behind a waterfall and I immediately started running towards it. George caught on and met me half way. I pointed to the present and he nodded before walking over and lying down on the ground to try and reach it. It was on the tip of his fingers but if he pushed himself off the edge any more, he would fall in. I looked for another way, and carefully slid down the rocky edge to reach the platform the present sat on.

I planted my feet carefully into a ridge, and stretched behind the waterfall to reach the present. George was standing now, and carefully put his hands out to catch me if I slipped. I reached and the blue ribbon latched onto my wet finger. I smiled and pulled it quickly into my body, not risking dropping it now. I looked up at George and smiled, he latched onto my upper arm.

I moved my foot from the secure ridge in the rock and placed it carefully onto the next part to climb back up onto the grass. I looped the present onto my wrist through the ribbon, and then held strongly onto George's arm to steady myself. I went to move my other foot but slipped, and then I was hanging.

"WOAH THORA!" George shouted as my feet slipped off the rock, and I was hanging from George's arm. His face scrunched up in pain, and both his arms were pulling my whole body. My body shit down for a second before I swung my legs with all my energy and put my feet back on the wet stone. I moved quickly and ran up the small bank to lie on the grass – my breath scarce.

"Holy shit...That was close." I said as George put his hands on his knees and was breathing heavily. I was tempted the laugh in the face of the danger but pushed it down in case it offended George. Then I heard a chuckle, and shockingly, George had his hand over his laugh and was pushing back his own humour. I sat up and laughed with him.

"Okay stupid, open the present." George encouraged, and I sat up. A hand on my sore stomach, and slight aching pain there. The blue ribbon was bright and I pulled out it till the white present box opened up. There was a letter just like the previous letter said there would be. I picked it up and opened it to see the same writing.

ꜱᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ 2ɴᴅ ᴄʟᴜᴇ. ᴏɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ 3ʀᴅ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ. ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏɴᴇ ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴡᴀʀᴅ.

ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ ʙᴜɪʟᴛ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴀꜱᴛᴀʀᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴍʏ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏᴜᴛɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ.

ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ...

ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴏʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴀꜰᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇɴᴄʜᴇꜱ.

"Okay pretty obvious again." I muttered as I stood up slowly, the sharp pain in my stomach becoming more prominent. I breathed in a heavy breath, and my eyebrows furrowed in pain. Was this normal?

"Yeah community house- you alright?" George said as he placed a gentle hand on my back. I nodded and tried to smile through the sudden pain.

"Yep, im okay. Let's head to the community house then." I said with a tight smile. I walked towards Zyon and hopped on, George hopped on after and gently rubbed my back on our way to the community house.

Once it was in sight, I hopped off Zyon and the impact of the floor under my feet, striked a sharp pain throughout my body. This pain wasn't normal I was sure, something was wrong. I pushed it aside after the pain went away, and I followed George inside. I looked at the marble stairs which was create almost a year ago although I had never ventured downstairs. I walked down behind George and all that was downstairs was a crafting bench, and a few chests.

I noticed a hidden orange present, and on the final step down, my legs gave out and my knees hit the hard ground below. I heard George run over and put his arms under my own trying to help me from the ground. My mind was running at the pain shooting through my legs and stomach. Something was wrong.

"Jesus Thora, your bleeding badly."

I looked down and the cream dress I was wearing was stained red where my thighs were. The blue cardy was pulled over the red stain by George and he pulled me up onto my shaking legs. He quickly picked up the present and then put his arm under mine to help me lean on him to walk back up the stairs. My legs were shaking with every step, and I was beginning to feel light headed and sweaty.

"Where do I take you? To Techno?" He asked frantically. I nodded, and then was picked up and put on Zyon's back. I waited to feel George's presence behind me and then we darted off quickly towards the cold.

This treasure hunt would have to wait.