Chapter 1: catch me never

4 years later

4 years later

I had given birth to a beautiful baby girl. I had ended up in Italy and had my name changed to Valentina Salvatore. I stole Kade's last name so my daughter could have some part of her father.  My little girls name is Ella Salvatore.

I cry my self to sleep most nights wishing I had kade to help me with Ella. She's an angel but I wish she had a father figure in her life. We live in a small town to avoid attention. We live in a small house by the water it's Beautiful, the only thing missing is kade.

"Mommy can we go to the beach"

"Why don't we spend the whole bay at the beach we can pack a picnic and everything" she nodded and smiled as she walked to the fridge to pick out food to bring.

"Can we bring the cake from last night?"she asks with puppy dog eyes

"Yes but you can only have one piece" I say with a pointed look. It's impossible to say no to her, she is just to cute.

We finished packing the picnic up in a basket, changed into bathing sites and sun dresses, then walked about side and down the rode to the beach.

It wasn't to windy today but luckily there was a breeze with the extra hot weather today.

"Mommy mommy can we go into the water?" We had set up everything and now Ella was pulling my arm towards the water.

"Ok let's get off the sun dresses." I say  

She lifts her arms up so I can take off the dress once it's off she doesn't wait she runs straight to the ocean, she has always loved the water. I follow close behind her.

It didn't take long for her not to be able to stand she starts to doggy paddle in circles.

"Mommy look at how good I can swim"

"Very good job" I tell her

I wonder what Kade's doing. I hope he's ok, I wonder if he moved on and started a new family. Kade invades my thoughts all the time. I sometimes wish I stayed and we could have raised Ella together. What would have happened?

"MOMMY" I'm started out of my thought by Ella's yell

"Oh sorry baby what is it?"

"It's cold can we go eat the cake"

"You have to eat the crackers and cheese first" I tell her as I grab onto her had and we start walking to the picnic.

She ate the cheese and crackers fast and was telling me she wanted cake in no time. She eats the cake fast too, her cute face has frosting all over it.

"Oh you are so adorable with all that Icing on your face."

"What are you talking about mommy my face is clean" she says with a pout on her face. I laugh and take a napkin wiping off her face.

"All clean now" I say while kissing her face all over.

I read her stories and she tells me about her friends at school for the next few hours till the sun starts going down and she gets sleepy so I pack everything up and take her on my hip as I walk us home.

"Mommy who's that man staring at us" Ella asked Pointing to the side of me.

There was a man dressed in all black staring at us with his face hidden. I picked up my step.

"No one there probably looking for someone." I told her

They weren't they stayed staring at me and my daughter. Someone had found us, it was ether kade or one of his many enemies. I don't know if I want kade to have found me but I do hope it's not one of his enemies.

I got home tucked Ella In bed upstairs and went to the kitchen to pour me a glass of wine. Maybe it wouldn't be bad if kade found us at least Ella will have a dad. But he carries grudges and I wouldn't put killing me past him.

I take out my phone and go to the album labeled kade, there are photos of him and me that I have shown Ella but there are also all the videos of baby Ella and her talking and learning how to walk. I took then in case kade ever found us and wanted to see his little girl grow up.

I press play on the video of her walking I smile when I see her wobbling, then she falls to her bum but she gets back up and eventually makes it to me and the camera.

I press play on another video it's her 1st birthday and her trying to blow out the candles. This one I'm in and someone else is holding the camera I ended up helping her blowing out the candles with her clapping and all smiles.

I watched a few more videos and finished my cup of wine. I took a long hot shower to try and calm my nerves I shouldn't be this nerves I could be complying wrong about kade. After my shower I brushed my teeth washed my face and changed into my silk shorts and top pajama set.

My last thought before I fell asleep was what If kade actually found us. I wonder what his reaction will be. He will definitely lash out I don't doubt that but would he be happy to see me and his daughter. I don't want to focus on it I want to see what will happen because now that the guy saw me it won't be long until kade or someone else is at my doorstep to kill me or ask me where I have been.