Chapter 13: catch me with a friend

We get food at the food court

We get food at the food court. We both got Chinese. "So what do you do for a living."

"I'm a kindergarten teacher"

"what's that like"

"It's really fun I love the kids I teach they are so small and cute."

"What school do you work at?"

"Brockway elementary"

"That's a nice school, I have a 4 year old daughter maybe I'll enroll her there what she turns 5."

"You seem to young to have a daughter" she says with a shocked face.

"I'm 24 I had her at 20 she was a surprise that's for sure." I say nodding

"Wow I hope this isn't to rude but is the father around."

"Well it's complicated but he is still around, and has plenty of single friends that are hot and single if you are also single."

"I am, but I don't know id have to see how hot."

"Ok well you should definitely meet them I'm sure you'll find one to your liking."

We chat more about our lives, she lives in a crappy place she told me and I offered for her to stay with us. She said yes so I hope kade won't be to mad. She doesn't talk to her family she didn't want to talk about them, she told me they weren't the best to her growing up.

I look at my watch and see it's getting late. "We should go back we can stop by your place to grab a few things and then go to mine?"

"Ya that sounds good, thank you again so much"

"It's really no problem we have more then enough room."

We walked to my car I asked if she had one and if I should follow her to her house but she said she took the bus.

I sped down the road to where she told me to go.  We got there and it was a run down apartment building. She got out and I did too.

"What are you doing"

"I'm coming with you" I say as we walk up stairs to her apartment.

She packed up her clothes while I waited in the kitchen. She came back out with a back pack and a suit case.

"Ok this is everything I don't need anything else."

"Ok are you sure?"

"Yes let's go" she said hurrying put the door.

Once we where on the freeway I ask "who are you running from"

"No one" lily answers to quickly

"I've seen running before and what I saw back there was just that."

"My boyfriend he's abusive I had to get away, please still take me"

"Don't worry I would never let you go back there. Also the guys I was talking about they can protect you don't worry and they would never lay there hands on a women." Unless you ask nicely