Chapter 6: catch me while I fly

We fell asleep after our little conversation

We fell asleep after our little conversation. I was woke today by the sun hitting my face. I am still in Kade's arms so it's hard to move but I manage to turn around so I'm facing him.

He looks so peaceful, the sun is hitting half of his face. I start to stroke his face, his skin is so smooth I could watch him forever.

"Enjoying the view darling?" His morning voice is raspy and deeper then usual.

"In fact I am." I tell him

His hand rubs up and down my side. I could fall back asleep he is so calming.

"What time is it?" He ask

"A little after 7"

He just nods "what are we doing today?"

"We could go to the beach" I say

"Ya that sounds nice"

"Perfect Ella loved the beach" I tell him.

"What was she like as a kid?" He asks

"I have videos of every important thing do you want to see?" I ask

"Ya"

"Ok come on my phones downstairs."

We go down the stares I hold his hand on the way down. I see my phone on the contort, I open it up and got the the album scrolling to the fist video of Ella.

"Here just scroll through" I walk away and look I'm the fridge contemplating what to make and what we should bring to the beach.

I turn around and see Kade has glossy eyes. Seeing this is making my heart break, I never thought of how me leave would affect him.

I walk to him and stand beside him, he made it to Ellas first birthday. I put my hand on his shoulder and rub his arm up and down for comfort.

"I'm so sorry I took this away from you" I tell him. I am really sorry that he didn't get to see her through the years but I wouldn't change it.

"I know you are, you where and are doing what's best for our daughter." He tells me.

He watches through more videos, Ella walking, Ellas first teeth, her birthdays and so forth. It's around 8:00 when we hear light foot steps coming down the stairs. I turned my head to see Ella in pjs with her stuffed giraffe.

Kade didn't notice her he's engrossed in the videos.

"What are you watching?" Ella asks

Kade turns his head at her voice. "Videos of you growing up"

She climbs on a stool and watches with kade.

"You didn't tell me you took these mommy"

"I didn't want a camera to distract you."