Chapter 45: the beginning of the end

Today is my birthday

Today is my birthday. I should be excited right now but I'm nervous to visit my sister's grave. Right now me and kade are in the car driving to the cemetery where my sister is buried. We woke up earlier than usual so that i could spend as much time with my sister as i wanted. We told everyone that we wouldn't be home when they woke up and I told Ella to go to Lily's room if she woke up before everyone.

"How do you feel?" Kade asks, putting his hand on my thigh, but I push it off. I can't deal with him flirting today, i don't want to deal with my mixed feelings for kade right now.

"Fine" I say keeping it short.

"Hey you know you can talk to me about anything, and I know you're still upset with me but I will always be here for you" he grabs my hand when talking, not letting it go.

I just nod and turn to look out the window for the rest of the drive. We pulled into the cemetery parking lot shortly after we stopped talking. I got out of the car fast and headed towards the back where she was buried. There was still dew in the air due to how early it was. I walked through it fast, not stopping my pace till I reach her grave. Angala smith loving daughter and sister. That didn't sum up how amazing she was at all, she could light up a room by just smiling. I drop down next to her grave and place my hand on the stone. Kade stops far away from me, probably giving me space to talk. "Hey sis" I say quietly before holding a hand over my mouth to avoid a sob from coming out.

"I met a man, it was a rocky start and has been rocky recently, but we have a daughter." i laugh "she reminds me of you actually. I miss you everyday and I wish you were here with me today to tell me what I should do right now. The man I met broke my trust and I don't know if I can get past that but I love him so much it hurts and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.'' I wiped the tears falling from my eye before continuing "he makes me so happy and he's great with Ella out daughter. I hate that you're not here to watch her grow and I wish I got to see you with kids of your own." I cover my mouth with my hand to hold back a sob.

I don't say anything else for a while and just sob next to her grave. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be. This sounds cruel but I have tried to not think about her too much because of how much it hurts my heart. I hear Kades phone ring since I left mine in the car, I turn and see him answer it. Whatever they're talking about is hushed.

"I'm so sorry that I got you killed. People tell me that it's not my fault but deep down i know it is-'' i was about to say more but i got cut off by kade hosting me up from the ground and pulling me towards the car.

"Hey! What the fuck are you doing?" I question while trying to pull my arm away.

Kade valiantly turns towards me and basically shouts "There was an explosion at the house, the police just called me. Ellas has been kidnapped or killed; they couldn't find anyone else either." by the police he means the captain that he pays off. He then turns and we both are running towards the car. I have tears falling down my face that I don't bother to wipe off as I get into our car and slam the door shut, kade closely following behind my actions.