Chapter 24: catch me dancing

We walk in to the venue because no one holds these thing at there home, to risky because no mafia wants other mafia to know where they live

We walk in and the announcers call out from the "American mafia Kade and Valentina Salvatore!"

All heads snap to us because we are the last people to walk in who doesn't love being fashionably late. I look around and recognize some of the people like the head of the Russian mafia, I broke his sons finger after he tried to touch me. The head of the Italian mafia, I always talked to his very young wife when we would go to balls.

We walk down the stairs with our heads high not paying any mind to the people staring at us, to the main level. The leader of the Italian mafia walks up to us right away, with Mary his wife on his hip. I let go of kade and she dose that same. I squeal as I go up and hug her she dose the same. Both men pat each other on the back. "Good to see you again Vincent"

"You too kade, I see you got Maria back."

I took a step back from Mary and say to Vincent "it's Valentina now" with a smile on my face.

"Oh my apologies." He says look a little confused

"We have a lot of catching up to do." Kade says smiling.

"Yes we do why don't we go to my office to discuss everything." Vincent says. Kade nods and follows him, I stay back with Mary so we can chat.

"So where have you been for 4 years?" Mary asks me.

"Italy." I give her a short answer

"And what where you doing there?"

"Giving bath and raising kade and I's daughter." I say smiling at her now shocked face.

"And you just decide to randomly come back in to Kade's life and he didn't kill you." Most mafia men would not hesitate to kill someone that betrayed them even if they did love the person so kade not hurting me is a big deal.

"No he found me and brought me back and since then we have been doing fine. But what is going on with you?"

"Oh I'm not supposed to tell anyone yet because it's still early but I'm pregnant." Mary whispers to me.

"Omg congratulations I'm so happy for you." We are both smiling ear to ear. Mary has been pregnant before many times and lost the baby and after the fourth time she was told her body would never be able to get pregnant again, I'm crossing my fingers that this one is a miracle baby.

We both talk and catch up for a while before we decide to go dance. Because it's a ball the music is slow and soft so we dance with each other. But as we dance we step on each others feet.

"Let me lead." Mary says

"No let me lead" I says back

We let go of each other until both our
Mans come up to us and put there arms around our waist.