Chapter 25: catch me telling ella

Nurses took her away, saying I couldn't follow and that this was their job

Nurses took her away, saying I couldn't follow and that this was their job. How could I let this happen, I was supposed to protect her and now she's fighting for her life.

I pick up my phone and dial my moms number.

"What do you want kade I'm having a good time with my granddaughter."

"You have to come to Italy." I say bluntly.

"What why?" My moms voice fills with concern.

"Something happened and I need you and everyone else here."

"What happened?"

"I tell you when you get here." I say and then hang up.

I walk out of the hospital and slouch down against one of its walls. I put my head between my knees and cry, I cry for Valentina, I cry for me, I cry for Ella. Ella. What am I going to tell her, how do I tell her?

I sit there for what feels like hours. I get up and walk back inside and sit in the waiting room. I wait for a while and I wait long enough that my mom, Ella and all the guys walk in looking worried. I didn't even know that they had landed.

Ella sees me first and runs up to me, I pick her up and hung her not letting go. When her little hands push back I see her eyes and red and puffy which means she must have been crying. "Where mommy daddy?"

"She's getting help."

"But I want to see her." She puts and tears fill her eyes.

"Me too princess but we can't right now."

"Why not, where is she?" I'm about to answer but my mom come rushing up to us now and says "oh my god what happened."

"At the ball Valentina got hurt by the Russians."

"Mommy's hurt" Ellas tears start to stream down her cheeks so I hold her tighter and rub her back as to walk out of the hospital with her and no one else following me.

"Hey baby it's gonna be ok your moms a fighter, but we have to be strong for her we have to be brave too can you do that for me?"

"Yes." She said in a small voice.

I then held her until she fell asleep and when she did I took her back inside where everyone else was in the waiting room looking nervous. "So what exactly happened?" Lilly asks

"The Russians tried to take her and i couldn't let that happen but she threw a knife at him and after that we where all running she pushed me out of the way and got shot instead of me." She took a bullet for me.

"So it's your fault she got shot." Lily's says with disgust in her voice and she stands up pointing a finger at me.

"Whoa calm down." Cam says to her while grabbing her arm pulling her to sit back down.