Chapter 38

Two week, two fucking weeks and I haven't been able to find Ivan

Two week, two fucking weeks and I haven't been able to find Ivan. Ever since Val filled me in on the information that she got from the men still in there cells we have all been keeping low key and in the house while looking for Ivan and trying to find out him plans.

With the timeline the hostages gave us Ivan plans to attack any day now. I have tried to keep Ella out of the loop as much as I can because I don't want to put her in danger when I can keep her safe as long as she stays in the house.

Right now I am cooped up in my new office in the new house we have officially moved into, looking over footage from all the cameras Lorenzo could hack trying to find Ivan and where he is staying and how long he has actually been here. According to the hostages Ivan left after the ball but came back and has been in America for about a month.

It's frustrating that he managed to get in and no one even knew he was here. So far in the footage only his back or side profile has been seen but I think he's staying with people that he knows instead of going to a house he has.

As I continue to look through the footage and try to find anything the room starts to get hot making me pull at my caller as I counting to fast forward videos. I can't think, the room feels like it's closing in I can't breath. I stand up abruptly closing my computer at the same time, and basically running out the my office.

I go downstairs and start to move towards the patio doors before I bump in to something, or more like someone.

"Why are you rushing around?" Vals voice fills my ears making me losses up just a bit.

"I'm not" I say curtly before walking around her and heading outside, but I hear her footsteps following me.

"Hey talk to me" she says putting her hand on my shoulder which I just jerk off.

"I'm fine" I say not turning to face her.

"No you're not" she says standing her ground.

"I don't wanna talk about it" I say moving and leaning against the wall.

"To bad your gonna have to" she say walking to me and crouching down in front of me.

He can u tell her that I feel like a failure for not being able to protect our family. Or how I wasn't paying close enough attention to know that Ivan was in America for a whole month and how I feel like a failed her because she might get hurt all because i did r have enough eyes to know everything Ivan in doing.

"I can't" I say defeatedly holding by face in my hands.

Val peals my hands off he face and raised my face to look at her "please talk to me I want to help you, tell me what's going on in your mind" her voice is pleading.

"I want to I do but I can't talk about it" I say hating the disappointment her eyes are laced with.

"Please try I just want to help you" she says somehow managing to get closer to me.

"I'm sorry" I say getting up and walking further from the house and closer to the trees.

"Kade wait" I hear her say as she starts to run to me.

She grabs my arm and I don't stop her from stopping me and turning around to face her and bringing me head down so I am resting my forehead on hers. "All I want to do it love you and help you so if you can't tell me now that's fine but I want you to know I will always be here for you."

"I know" is all I can say as I stare in to her eyes.

We stay just like that until she starts to shiver and I tell her it's time to go inside which she dose try to tell me it's fine and she doesn't want to ruin the moment. But I just throw her over my shoulder and walk her back inside and drop her on the couch.

"I'm gonna make you food" I say walking to the kitchen. The kitchen and living room don't have a wall between them so when I'm gathering all the ingredients I hear Val say. "I would rather eat you."

I turn to face her and see she is sitting cross legged with a smirk on her face. "No your going to eat real food and maybe you'll get a treat later." I say turning back to make burgers.

"Where's Ella?" I ask once I've rounded the ground beef.

"Rose came over and took her to buy school supplies for next month" that's right Ella's starting school next month which means her birthday is in a week and then Val's is two weeks after that.

"Did they take guards with them?" I've made it a rule that no one can leave with out at least one guard.

"Ya they took two" she says and gets up and walks to me. "What do you need help with?"

"You can cut the tomato's."

Val nods and gets to cutting. We finish making the food right as my mom and Ella walk through the door.

"Mommy, daddy look at all my school supplies" Ella's shouts pointing to the two target bags.

"That's grate princess why don't you come and eat with us and then you can show us every little thing." I say waving her over. "You too mom"

We all sit at the table and dig in to the different Burgers everyone had.

"Honey how is work going?" Mom ask putting down her burger.

"It's not the best but I'm sure it will get better" I answer before taking another bite of my food.

"That's good, try to keep me in the loop because I could be some help." She says pointing her finger at at me. From the corner of my eyes is see Val looking back and forth between me and mom.

"Mom it's dangerous" I say

"Ya and I've been dealing with that dangerous since before you where born." Mom say while rolling her eyes before continuing "Val what are we planing for you and Ella's birthday?"

"Well Ella's gonna have a biggish birthday in the back yard, and I'll probably not celebrate that much maybe just a small get together." Val says shrugging.

"Oh no we can't have that dear we have to through a huge birthday party for you since we haven't been able to celebrate that last four with you." Val flinches at the mention of how long she was gone for.

"Oh not that's to much trouble you would go to for me" Val says the for me like she's not worth that much when she's worth so much more.

"No it won't be any trouble and it doesn't have to have thousands of people but we should have a party for you" I say to Val while putting my hand on her thigh.

She turns her body to me "if it's not too much trouble then we can have a small party" she says exaggerating small.

"Of course I can plan it all." Mom says before turning to Ella and telling her to eat.

"I don't want to be to much trouble I'm not worth it" Val whispers to me while looking and mom and Ella.

"Your worth everything and I want to celebrate you" I say placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Ok" she whispers before turning back to her food and not talking much for the rest of the night.

Word count: 1306
TikTok: classy_scorpio
Comment and vote
Sorry for not posting I had like no motivation to write.