Chapter 28

I wake up to someone shaking me it's Valentina obviously but what surprises me is that it's dark out and 3:00am

I wake up to someone shaking me it's Valentina obviously but what surprises me is that it's dark out and 3:00am. "What" I groan.

"There's someone in the house grab your gun I already texted Elijah."

I shoot up from bed and grab my gun under the night stand. "You have to stay here" I say to Val when I see her also getting up from the bed and grabbing a knife and a gun.

"Nope"

"Val" I groan knowing she's not going to listen.

"I'll let you get first while I wake and hide Ella." She says winking at me.

I nod and head out with my gun pointed taking light footsteps. I head for downstairs and go for the living room first.

No luck

But I see a shadow in the kitchen so I point my gun to the person by the stove, thank good for no walls.

"Who are you with?"

"Not you" a males voice answer

"Obviously or I wouldn't have a gun pointed at you." I say sarcastically.

He starts to walk over to me and I have my finger on the trigger but I hear footsteps combing down the stairs, unfortunately Val is not the best at sneaking around.

"So glad you could join us" mister male says to Val.

"I'm only hear to kick your ass" she says flicking on the lights. I see that she doesn't have any weapons on her. "How could either of you see in the dark, fucking bats."

The guy chucked as Val makes he way next to me. "What do you want and why could you not have come at a later time?"

"I want well..." he says scratching his chin "you" he says pointing at val.

"Fucking Russians" I grumble under my breath.

"Well that's to bad news I'm not for sale try again next time" Val shrugs and fake walks away.

He walks a little towards us making Val reach behind her and my finger just begging to squeeze.

"See the people I work for want you now." He says taking slow and measured steps to us. "So I'm going to have to take you by force now."

He then throws his leg up kicking my gun out of my hands, Val brings out her knife and jumps at him with it. She cuts his arm before turns her around and has her in a choke hold. "Well the was easy." He says

"Not quite." Val says bringing her hand with the knife down to his thigh making him release her.

I charge at him grabbing him by the neck and and punching his face. "You do not touch her"
I continue to punch his face until he brings his knee up and hits my stomach I double over and grab my stomach, he then brings his elbow down on my back making me fall to the ground.