Chapter 48

A few hours earlier I wake up to a cold bed and when I look around the room I see that kade is nowhere to be found

A few hours earlier
I wake up to a cold bed and when I look around the room I see that kade is nowhere to be found. I get worried, what if he left and went to get Ella, Lily, Rose, and Cameron without me. He left and I don't know where he is and if he's ok. I start to panic so I get out of bed, put on my clothes and jog downstairs to find Jacob already there. "What's going on?" I ask him as I walk towards him.

"Kade has sent me here to protect you." Jacob gives a vague answer that does not calm my nerves at all.

"What is he planning on doing?" I ask stopping in front of him and look up at him.

"Bringing our family back" Is all he says before he tries to walk off.

"Jacob! I swear to god if you don't tell me where he is I will kill you." If he's going after Ivan and getting Ella then I deserve to be there.

"I can't he's boss and I promised him that I would keep you safe and you running off and trying to help him will only get you hurt" He says looking me in the eyes, holding my stare.

"So he's going out there alone?" I ask, there's no way he would be stuped enough to do that.

"No he has back up, lots of back up he has all his top men with him, so there's no reason you should worry your pretty little head about him." Jacob says as he pats my head.

"So he's going somewhere so bad that he needs his strongest men as backup and you think that will stop me from going after him?" I say crossing my arms.

"Well I was hoping" he say holding his hands up with his fingers crossed, making me roll my eyes.

"You know me and if he's in trouble then I have to go with him." I try to make my way to the door but Jacob holds me in place.

"Val, I know you're worrying about him right now, probably thinking the worst but kade is capable of taking care of himself. He's doing this to keep you safe and just wants to get Ella, Rose, Lily, and Cameron home safe."

"Ya well i should be there too." I say crossing my arms and giving him a pointed look.

"He wants to keep you safe and out of harm's way so I can't let you leave this house" Jacob says.

"That's my daughter I deserve to be there when he rescues her" I say, getting more angry by the second.

"Look he doesn't want to worry about you when he has to worry about you" Jacob says moving and blocking the door as I try to push past him.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you leave, maybe we should watch a movie," Jacob says and then tries to move me to the couch.

"No, no, that's my baby put there and I need to know if she's ok or not." I said, pushing his hands off of me and making my way to the door again before I was blocked.

"He's worried about keeping you and that baby" he says pointing at my stomach "safe" once he's done talking and grabs my flat stomach.

I know he's not going to let me leave of his own free will so I go over to the couch and sit down with my arms crossed, I turn on the TV and turn on the Kardashians. Jacob sighs and then comes and sits next to me. Jacob goes on his computer and gets distracted with whatever work he's doing. I look around and I see an empty vase on the side table. I took the vase and smashed it down on Jacob's head as hard as I could.