Chapter 43

I lost her

I lost her. I fucked it up. I don't know if she'll ever forgive me. I love her and I fucked it up. How can I change this? I can't. I lost her.

When I woke up this morning she was gone from bed and when I went down stairs to look for her there was breakfast on the table and a note that said "me, Rose, Lily, and Ella are going shopping for my party don't wait up" that was 4 hours ago. I had texted her asking where she was and that I was sorry but I got no response.

Right now I'm in my office that's not in the house getting a headache from all the annoying people I have to deal with when Cameron walks in. 

"Boss, Evans here to see you" he says

"Ok send him in" I say waving my hand towards me.

"I'm already here" evan says with a heavy spanish accent.

"Good, what do you want?" I'm in no mood to play games so I cut to the chase. Cameron sneaks out the door without saying anything, probably thinking this is going to end badly.

"When are we going after ivan?" He asks while taking a seat in front of my desk.

"In about 3 weeks, a few days after Vals birthday party" I say , rubbing my hand down my face, I didn't want a partner, I just wanted his resources.

"That's too far, we have to strike him sooner." He says seriously like he's in charge.

"Well that's not your call, and if we act as if they have no effect on us he will get anssy and hostile and when he gets hostile he gets sloppy which is what we need, we need him to slip up."

"That sounds like a plan built on possibilities," Evan says. 

"Trust me it will work. Was there anything else you wanted to talk about?" I ask as I lean back in my chair.

"How is Valentina taking this?" he asks, leaning back as well and staring at me.

"Not well, how's Maria taking it?" I raise an eyebrow looking at him. 

"The same, talking about how it's gonna trap him." he says waving his hand like he doesn't care.

"It's what had to be done" I say dismissively.

He nods and then gets up and leaves. He can't break the contract because I know that he needs the alliance just as much as me if he wants to be one of the most feared mafias.

After finishing up in the office I go home where Valentina is not at. I sit on the couch and wait for her to get home because I am not spending another night in the dog house. I have to make it right without jeopardizing the whole deal. We need the deal in order to take down the Russians.

I hear the door open after waiting hours. I get up and turn to face the door where I see all 4 lady's with Ella on Val's hip. I open my mouth to speak but Val holds up a hand to me telling me not to talk as she walks upstairs. I assume to put Ella down, Lilly and Rose give me a look of pity as they go upstairs to their own rooms. I hate being pitied.

I wait down stairs for a little while to see if Valentina is going to come down stairs or if I have to go up stairs to talk to her. After 30 minutes she comes down stairs looking stressed and I can't blame her.

"What were you thinking?" She asks once she's standing in front of me but not looking at me.

"I was thinking about how I can keep this family safe for as long as possible, I was hoping that he would say no and propose something else to secure the alliance." I say sadly wishing she would look at me and know that I mean every word.

"But he said yes and now you've sold our daughter's future away" Val says her voice becoming louder I can see a tear slip from her eye.

"I'm sorry, I wish there was a better way but there wasn't one I could see that involved all of us alive and together." I say reaching my hand up to cup her face and lift her head to look at me.

"That wasn't only your decision to make, we should have talked about this so we could have found a better solution." Her voice cracks at the end of her sentence.

"I wish there was," I say sadly.

"We could have figured one out, but instead you chose to keep this decision from me." She says pushing me away and taking a step back. "And you know what hurts even more is that even after you slid out daughter I still love you and when I see that hurt look in your eyes I want to comfort you but you brought this upon yourself!" She finally screams at me.

"I'm so sorry but it was the only way that I could protect our family" I say wishing she would let me hold her.

"How am I to trust you if you can sell our children without a second thought?" She says, wrapping her arms around herself but I'm only focused on one word.

"Children?" I ask, children means more than one but we only have Ella, one child.

"Yes, children I'm pregnant, surprise" Val says in a sarcastic tone.

"That's amazing," I say star struck.

"Maybe so but are you going to end up selling this kid too?" she asks , raising an eyebrow.

"No, I won't, I didn't want to sell Ella but it was the only way, we need their help. In order to kill Ivan '' I say the same excuse again.

"We could have found a better solution if you had just talked to me" she stresses throwing her hands up.

"You're right I should have talked to you but I can't change anything now but I'm sorry." I step towards her, putting my hands on her arms. She looks up at me, I see the back and forth in her eyes, the hurt and the hate for what I did.

"I know you're sorry." she says in a sad tone  looking down at the ground. "But i can forgive you yet"

"That's fine, I just hope that you can forgive me one day."

Val nods her head and heads upstairs. I stood where I was for a little while, taking everything we said in, we were going to have a baby. I get to see her pregnant this time, I get to watch as our little baby grows inside of her. I won't be missing any of this child's first moments. I decide that it's time to go to sleep and that i'm going to sleep in the guest room to give her space so I go upstairs and make myself comfortable before trying to go to sleep.

Word count: 1178
TikTok: classy_scorpio
Comment and vote
For Abby and charlezz❤️