Chapter 50

I whip my head to face kade so fast that I'm pretty sure I just go whiplash

I whip my head to face kade so fast that I'm pretty sure I just go whiplash. I see kades eyes open with a smirk on his face. He has the tub that was giving him air in his hands so i'm assuming that he pulled it out of his throat without me hearing.

"Oh my god you're awake." I say jumping up and hugging him which makes him groan which in turn makes me jump off him.

"I'm sorry, are you ok?"

"I'm fine, love" Kade says in a raspy voice. "Can I have some water though?" he asks which i nod to and get him water, once he's done i take the cup from him and put it on the table.

"How could you do this to me?" I say, slapping his chest.

"I'm sorry that i put you through this and i won't do it again." he says before pointing to his lips "now give me a kiss"

I bend down and mold my lips to his, it's a slow kiss that sends tingles all throughout my body. I don't pull away until he tries to slip his tongue into my mouth and deepen the kiss. "No, when you do that it always leads to other things" i say to kade giving him a look.

"What if I want other things to happen?" Kade says with a smirk.

I just roll my eyes at him. "How's the baby?" Kade asks worry in his voice as he reaches out and touches my stomach.

"The baby's fine, I'm 8 weeks pregnant" I say with a smile on my face as I place my hand on top of his.

I back away from him and walk to ellas bed and shake her softly. "Baby it's time to wake up." i say quietly while stroking her hair.

"Why" Ella yawns as she tries to push me away.

"Because your daddys awake." I say with a smile on my face.

Ella wakes up real quick when she hears that. She ran to his bed side and climbed on the bed before wrapping her little arms around his neck and burying her face that predominantly doesn't have stitches into his chest. I hear Ella crying softly into Kades chest as he wraps his arms around her and tries to sooth her.

"We almost lost you." Ella says so softly that I almost don't hear her.

"I could never leave you, you're my precious princess." Kade tells her, which makes her smile and the tears slowly stop.

I smile at them before walking out the room and into Cameron's room, "Kades awake'' I say to Lily and Cameron, which makes them smile. Lily gets up and moves to help Cameron into a chair, which he dosent technically need but insest he uses.

"I told you he would wake up" Cameron says as he is pushed past me and into Kades room.

I walk out after them but don't go back into the room, i call everyone not in the hospital to let them know that Kades is awake and responding. I then go to the nurses station to also let them know that he's awake and responding before finally going back to the room to see everyone smiling.

Seeing everyone happy makes me genuinely smile. Kade looks up from everyone and sees me leaning on the door frame. He signals with his eyes for me to come to him. I go to the side of the bed that Ella is sitting on, Kade continues to talk to Cameron as he grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"I just called Rose, and everyone to let them know that you're awake." I tell Kade as I sit on the side of his bed.

Kade is about to say something when the same nurse from before walks in, "i'm glad you're awake and talking but i do have to run a few rotten tests to make sure you are ok" she says.

"Ok" Kade says, cameron and lily move to the corner and i take ella off the bed and try to let go of kades hand to make sure that the nurse has plenty of room to work but Kade holds on to my hand and doesn't let me move from his bedside.

The nurse takes out a small flashlight and instructs Kade to follow the light with his eyes. The nurse writes down his vitels and then closes her clipboard.

"So you will be able to leave soon since we all know you have your own doctor but no stressful activity for at least 2 months for risk of tearing your stitches." She smiles at me before her eyes find ella.

"For the little girl we will prescribe scarring cream to apply at night and pain killers that she can take during the morning. Try to keep her face neutral for a while but in about 1 month we should be able to take out the stitches. When the stitches come out you will still need to clean and add the crema to the wound" the nurse says before leaving.

Once the lady is out of the room, Kade pulls me onto the bed so that I'm laying next to him. Ella jumps on the bed and is sat at my feet and Cameron goes to the end of the bed. Within a few seconds Rose burst into the room.

Rose rushes over to Kades side and hits his head "how could you be so stupid"

"Mom it's not my fault that I was shot mom" Kade says while rubbing the spot on his head that his mom hit.

"Well if you wherent so dumb then maybe you wouldnt have put all this streson our family." She scolds Kade before continuing "But I am glad you are alive" Rose says, placing a kiss on Kade's forehead.

Lorenzo, Jacob, Elijah, and Carlo walk in.

"Wow you've been awake for what? 30 minutes and you're already in bed with a girl," 'Carlo says, pointing to Kade's grip on my waist.

"Shut the fuck up you fucker" Kade says to him while rolling my eyes.

I slap kades chest which makes him groan "watch your language" i tell him.

"I'm sorry" Kades says, moving his head up to kiss my cheek.

Everyone tells Kade how happy they are that he's awake and ok. Eveyrones smiling and talking with kade discussing future plans and where we go from here. I look up at kade and memorize his face, I tune out everyone else and just stare at him.

Im started out of my trance by a swift kiss on my lips "staring is rude darling" Kade says.

I just smile at him before turning to everyone only to see that they have left. I must have zoned out longer than I thought. Ella is curled up in her bed and you can hear her little snores, it's dark out now and the moonlight is shining in.

"Are you ok?" Kade asks while rubbing his hand on my stomach.

"I'm fine" I tell him as I gently rest my head on his chest.

"No you're not, tell me what's going on," Kade tells me, putting his finger under my chin and making me look at him.

"I just, god, I don't want this to happen again and I know it will, but what if you or me or Ella don't make it next time and what if one of us dies, how are we supposed to live like this?" I say as my eyes start to well with tears.

"Baby, you killed Ivan, he's gone and as of right now we have no immediate enemies, we will all be fine I will make sure of it." Kade says as he puts his hands on the side of my face and kisses me slowly.

I pull away from the kiss "you can't promise that."

"But I do and I will do whatever it takes to keep my promises to you. I promised I wouldn't leave you and i didnt, right?" he says, staring into my eyes.

"Ok" I say resting my forehead on his with our nose touching and our breath mixing.

I just want our family to be happy and not have to be worrying about one of us dying all the time. I want to only have happy times from now on.

Word count: 1403
TikTok: classy_scorpio
Comment and vote
Omg one more chapter and the. The epilogue!!!!😭😭😭😭