{31}

Forty Minutes Later
Avenger Tower
Steve's POV

"Where's my kid?" I ask Tony

"I don't know, she's not any of ours other than yours to keep track of." he replies

While Maria picks glass out from her feet, I look around the broken down living room to check above and under things. I move and throw objects that block my view, hoping that Ultron didn't take one of my kids.

I hope she's safe.

"Sarah.." I call throughout the room

I hear a little bit of shifting around, but I don't see anything.

It's probably just the rubble settling.

"Sarah.." I call as I get more scared

I hear some more glass shift, so I go where my ears, gut, and heart take me. I walk up to a couch to see maroon fabric poking out from under the furniture. I lift the couch to see Sarah crying softly with a fairly sized, ragged shard of glass sticking out from her left forearm.

She whines as she moves, though I can hear the crunching of glass under her as she rolls around. With my eyes widened, I pull Sarah's body to me with my left arm and drop the couch back down as I carry her with both arms to the med room. Her ruby colored life source severely stains her dress sleeve as it leans lifelessly against my torso.

"Shhh, shhhh." I soothe as I run us to the lab

I lay her down on a countertop, since all the beds have glass covering them. I look in her eyes to check on if she could be going into shock, but all I see is a void.

"It's gonna be okay, i'm gonna make it be okay." I stress as I lay her arm down on the table

Crossing over into panic mode..now!

I run over to the cabinet to grab an anesthetic shot before bringing to her and getting ready to give it to her. Instead, she's sitting up when I get back. She grabs the cleaning solution, the needle and thread then opens the bottle. She holds her arm over a trash can and pulls the glass shard out from her arm with barely a twitch of her eyes then pours the stinging liquid over her open wound.

When she thinks it's ready, she takes the needle and thread from my hands as I stand next to her with an astounded expression on my face. She begins stitching herself back together until she tears the line with her teeth and looks up at us. She grabs the bottle of liquor Tony carried over and takes a swig before looking around at all of us.

"Alright everyone, who's staying at who's house?" Tony smirks as he holds his hands up and spins slightly

I hang my head down

"It's not safe to stay here tonight, is it?" I ask

"Nope, who has a house or apartment?" Tony questions

Maria raises her hand which gets everyone's attention, collecting everyone's curiosity.

"Pack your bags, kids." she sighs

I go to run upstairs, but I can't leave Sarah here alone.

"I've got her." Maria assures with a genuine look