{39}

April 15 2016
Avenger Compound
02:13
Bucky's POV

I've been awake since I heard Sarah let out a muffled scream in her room. In concern, I went in there earlier to see if she was okay, but she was asleep in her bed with a pulse, I even took the pillow from her face to make sure it was her and not some attempted replacement.

I run into the room again to see Steve asleep in a one seater chair at the end of Sarah's bed while he leans back in the seat as she gets real sleep for the first time in a while.

"Ahh." he exhales as he sits up

He looks over at me, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"What's wrong?" he asks in a concerned tone

"I came in here to check on her, I heard her earlier but she seemed okay. I wasn't able to fall back asleep, so here I am." I tell him quietly

"Go back to bed, i'll watch over her."

"It's fine, is there somewhere I can sit?" I question

He points to another seat that looks like the one that he's in, I grab it and carry it to be diagonally in front of the other corner of Sarah's bed that Steve isn't sitting at. Once I get the chair set up, I fix my jackets and sit in the chair, ready to guard like normal. When I get comfortable I find myself falling asleep along with Sarah and Steve.

05:30-Sarah's POV

"Good morning, Captain Rogers. You should get up for your run." a voice awakes me

"Ahhh!" I screech in fear

I jolt out of my resting position to see both Steve and Mr. James sleeping in chairs at the end of my bed. Steve is slouched down with his chin touching his chest while and his legs are strewn about in front of him, and as for Mr. James, he's curled up in a ball underneath two blankets. I scoot up in my bed to see the rest of my new bedroom floor, along with Mr. James' shoes that he brought in here for some reason.

They wake up at my scream, rubbing their eyes and looking around to see if anything suspicious is in my room.

"What's wrong?" Mr. James croaks

"The voice in the walls, it scared me." I say as I look at my shaky hands

"That's just Friday, she's Tony's new AI." Steve grunts as he wakes up

"Hi Friday." I mumble as I bring the covers up to my face

"Good morning, Little Rogers." the voice greets

I jump again and cower beneath my blankets even more than I already am. I really want to act like i'm not scared, but this is nothing like what i'm used to dealing with. It's like Ultron all over again, but I can't see where the voice is coming from.

"She won't hurt you." Steve assures

"Are you sure?" I question

"She can't."

"Mhm." I nod

"How about you go back to sleep? I'll go on my run and come back here to wake you for your day?" Steve asks me

"Mhm."

He nods with a smile before I begin falling back to sleep.

Three Hours Later-Sarah's POV

"Sarah.." I hear from the front of my room

I shakily wake up to see Steve in his running clothes while sitting back in the chair he was sitting in earlier. Mr. James is lazily reading the newspaper with widened eyes as he flips to the next sheet.