{2nd Part to 1st Alternate Ending}

Six Months Later-Bucky's POV

I wake up in a cold sweat, nothing new to my life here. When Steve "came back", I brought Sarah to live with me in Brooklyn. We have an apartment that we share, it was government provided and they didn't know that she would be living with me. So, we alternate between sharing the floor and the bed, tonight she has the bed.

Once I sit up from my blanketed spot on the floor of the living room, I look through my door way from here and see her dark hair scattered across the pillow. She's been sleeping quite peacefully for the past few weeks, i'm hoping it's good sleep. If it isn't, she'll wake up from my gasps and winces while i'm asleep.

Realizing I should try and cool off, I get off of the floor and walk into the kitchen to grab some washcloths to put some water on. Once they're cold, I set them on my shoulders and sit on the couch before grabbing my notebook as well as a pen to right down the long repressed memories that flood my brain before retracting like they're being commanded.

December 7 2023-Louisiana-Sarah's POV

John Walker is a pain in my backside, he's horrible. He calls me out on my past, no how many times I try and convince him it wasn't my fault. Then he convicts me saying that it was my fault because I wasn't under mind control, he's horrible. He thinks that James' life is easy and that he asked for the life that he has.

Today was sort of a hard day, we trained Sam up pretty well before the government came and mucked it up. I'm doing school over the internet which is how I did it in Wakanda. I was going to school with Peter again until we realized that I was still able to do it over computer, so now i'm doing that.

I still wear a holster everywhere I go, that hasn't changed. In honesty, I wasn't really having nightmares in the apartment with Uncle James, but now that we're down here they happen pretty often.

Pa's still kickin, I talk to him on the phone occasionally. His voice is probably the youngest thing about him other than his lively eyes and the eccentric stories that he tells.

One of them being one about taking my Maria and I out to a baseball game.

"Hey, Sarah!" Sam yells

"Yes, Uncle Sam?" I ask as I turn around

"Can you come help me and Bucky with this door on the boat? I'm having trouble with the door, i'm not as strong as either one of you." he says peeking in from the front door

I set my pencil down and walk outside to see people crowding around the door.

"Surprise!!" they shout

can't breathe

air

fast heart rate

shaking hands

rapid thinking

I back up into the house, slowly closing the door while I stare into oblivion. I back up all of the way into Sam's bedroom and crawl under the bed, they won't find me here.

I focus on getting my breathing under control, that calms my shakiness and my heart rate a little bit.

"Sarah.." I hear James lead from the living room