{78}

December 22 2015
Astoria, Queens NY
Steve's POV

Bucky, Sarah and myself are decorating the apartment for Christmas. She and Bucky danced earlier, helping it feel as if we're really back in the time that we belong in.

"Steve?" Sarah asks over the music

The Christmas edition of an old vinyl is playing in the background and I feel at home with it, peaceful with the life that the three of us now get to live all together.

"Yeah, Sweetie?" I as as I hang some garland

"Who's going to put the angel on the top of the tree?" she asks

"You." Bucky and I say in sync

Her eyes widen before I see a twinkle of what looks like happiness, in them.

"When?" she asks

"We can put that on last." Bucky tells her for me

What Tony has planned for Christmas is that everyone who lives in the compound spends Christmas Eve together, but we can go to our separate homes for Christmas Day. So, for Family Day (that's what we're calling the 25th) I plan to have Bucky, Sarah and Sam (only if he doesn't have any previous plans) over here.

After the garland and lights have been hung, the freshly cut pine tree is set up and the homemade ornaments are on the tree, I grab the angel tree topper that Katherine kept in a safe place for a while. (She let me take it when I showed her pictures of Sarah with Bucky and myself.)

Sarah walks up to the tree and begins tapping her finger on her chin. She grabs a chair from the dining room table and stands it in front of the tree. I hold the angel over to where her hands are, but she stands on the chair to be taller. I walk over to her right side and Bucky stands on her left side.

"Whatcha doin, Doll?" Bucky asks Sarah

"Putting the topper on, you two told me that I would." she says slowly as she moves her arms back to where the angel is by her stomach

"You have two strong people right here, get down from the chair first." I state in an obvious tone

Sarah climbs down from the chair, allowing us to move it out of the way. Bucky and I set our legs into a sort of half lunge formation, he offers his left hand to her while I offer my right so she can climb onto our legs. As she does this it's a little shaky at first, but once she's up, we set one hand on each side above her knee and one on her back to support her.

I smile up at her before she looks down at Bucky and I, we're nothing but smiles. Sarah reached up and sets the Angel on the top of the tree where it belongs.

*snap*

Who would be here to take pictures of this?

"Oops, guess I walked in on another super soldier family moment." I hear Sam apologize

Bucky and I give Sarah our hands again, putting all of our focus into guiding her back down to the floor safely. When she's back down, we walk over to the kitchen and grab a cookie for each of us. I hand one to Sam before he sits on a dining room chair.

"It was a really nice picture." Sam states as he bites into his Christmas cookie

He shows it to us, we look like a real family, minus Peggy and Katherine. However, I'm just as thankful to call these three people my family too.

"I can't wait to spend Christmas with all of you." she smiles at us

"We can't wait either Honey, I've been waiting to meet you since 1944 and now I get to celebrate birthdays and holidays with you. It's one of the greatest privileges that I have in my life." I tell her