{10} How Victims Become Villians

August 18 1950-Sarah's POV

I wake up to see a bunch of people with lab coats running around the building. I hear a man screaming, and weird languages.

Right now no one is in here with me, but I see some blood in a tube on the counter. I try to break out of my restraints, but they won't budge. After lying on the table for a while, someone brings me into a room that looks like a jail cell and locks the door. I feel for my necklace, but it's not there.

I hug my knees to my chest and try to reach for my necklace wishing that I was back home listening to Uncle Howard talk about my father taking out bad guys.

Pretending like I always do when I can't sleep or calm down, I act like my father is here with me. I imagine what he would look like now, would he still be Captain America?

What would he say if he met me?

Would he care?

Of course he would care, he promised that he would.

But Kathy told me that her Godpa broke his promise to her, then she said it wasn't his fault..was Pa leaving his own fault?

I wonder what he would think if he he could see what I look like?

Would it freak him out that I look more like him than the others do?

A person comes to get me and they put me into a weird tube thingy, I wonder what this does. The tube closes as I begin to scream again asking for help, but instead, I'm met with cold air.

May 8 1953
Carter-Rogers-Sousa House
Kathy POV

It's really late at night and I can't seem to go back to sleep since I had a nightmare last night. It was a flashback to Sarah getting kidnapped, at least what I can remember from it.

I still can't believe she's not with us anymore, she was my baby sister until Maria came along, but even then she was still my baby sister from Pa. It's so hard for us to think about her being gone, I hope she's not in any pain wherever she's at.

I hear a large vehicle outside of the house and immediately run into Daniel and Ma's room for safety. I've had to toughen up throughout the past few years, but Sarah being taken is a soft spot for my emotions and fears.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Daniel asks as he comes out of his sleep

Oops, wrong side of the bed.

But Ma always sleeps on the right..

"Sweeth-? Kathy? Are you alright?" Ma asks groggily

"I had another nightmare." I tell her as I hold Sarah's rainbow blanket to my chest

It's not actually rainbow, it's just white with stripes of multiple colors on it.

"Come on then." Ma urges quietly as she gestures

I see her hand gesture due to the streetlights shining in through the curtains that hang from the windows. I climb up on the bed in between my Ma and stepfather, trying not to fall on either of them.

"Aren't I too old to sleep in my parents' bed?" I ask them quietly

"Most people would say yes, but we're not most people and you've been through a lot, so I don't see anything wrong with it." Ma explains with a soft smile as I get closer to them

I find the ends of their pillows at the top center of the mattress, lying down where that is while Ma turns onto her right side and puts her left arm over me while Daniel puts his right arm over Ma's, creating a form of a protective barricade.