{114}

May 27 2016-Midtown High-Delilah's POV

As I'm heading towards the end of my test, my eyes blur over my father's name and skim over my Godfather's and all of my uncles. The speed of my heartbeat races as my eyes read over the information it lists of what Uncle Howard and I used to work on in his lab.

It even talks about some of the things my mother did for him after the war before they formed and created S.H.I.E.L.D. I bubble in what I think is right, but I start to question all that I know from my short-lived childhood as the letters by the bubbles begin to blur and fuse together,

I set my pencil down and rub my tired eyes with my fists, hoping it might help with the heavy set thoughts that are racking my brain with fear and disappointment. After a minute or so, I pull my hands from my eyes and grab my pencil once again.

I start reading over a few questions that I don't mind thinking of the answers to, but soon I have to get back to the questions that i'm involved in the answers to. When I get to the harder questions, I have to think back to the dreaded, most painful memories in order to put down the correct answer.

When I get back to The Soldier, he grabs my wrist with his left hand and squeezes it before he tugs me behind his waist.

I go around him, standing in his way with my back to my Godfather as he pants his breaths out of himself. I reach up and grab The Soldier's arm to pull it to get his attention to me, forcing him to look me in the eye.

"Take me instead, please. I know you don't hurt me, but kill me instead." I sniffle as I look up at him

"Margie, no..no." Godpa states as he grabs me and pushes me to the side

"But-"

"It's alright."

I try to push past The Soldier, but he locks my hands to him so I can't get away.

"I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise." Uncle Howard pants with anxiety

"It's not your fault." I whisper as I sob

It's been over forty years.

My uncle gives me the most fatherly look he can manage until i'm thrown into the grass. My tears mix with the dirt that's covering my suit, and weapons.

"No!!" I scream as I see the Soldier deliver the second punch

My ears are soon filled with Uncle Howard's scratchy voice, aging changing his tone as well as his appearance compared to me who hadn't aged in forty-five years.

"Sergeant Barnes?" Uncle Howard asks

I cry harder, I can't get my hands to stop shaking.

I think back on these so much to the point where my nervous system is screaming at me to stop.

I look up at the class to see everyone looking at me with concerned looks in their eyes, some almost look scared while others look prepared to give me a hug.

"Are you alright, Ms. Barnes?" my teacher asks calmly

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I chuckle as I wipe my tears

"You screamed when you were taking your test, there's tears on your cheeks and you look like you can't breathe." one of the students explains

I nod to myself before we all go back to our exams, I rush my answers as fast as I can so I can leave.

27. What combination of processes and techniques were used to complete Project Rebirth?

A. Gamma Radiation
B. Super Soldier Serum & Gamma Radiation
C. Steroids & Vita-Rays
D. Super Soldier Serum & Vita-rays