{103}

March 17 2016
Avenger Compound
04:32
Sarah's POV

I wake from my slumber at the feeling of someone's hands gently stroking my upper arms and shoulders from my left side. I open my eyes to see Pa hovering over me at a comforting distance, but close enough for me to realize what's going on.

"No." I deny as I shake my head

"Come on."

"I don't want you to go." I admit as I roll around

"Don't make this harder for me, please."

"You're stuck here with me, i'm not letting any of you go anywhere." I yawn

"I'm doing this for you, hopefully you'll find out the reason why when the team and I get back." he says in a soothing tone

I open my eyes completely, allowing me to see my father in his uniform, but without the cowl on.

He's not gonna make it back.

"I don't wanna have to miss you again, I just got you back." I mention

"Wow. Does my daughter have no trust in me at all? Does she not believe that I can fight better than the bad guys?" he jokes

"If this person is someone I know, then they know my moves which means that they'll know yours."

"I have back up."

"I know, and they're dependable..but I don't wanna get the announcement that you won't be coming back. I've had enough of those." I sniffle

Pa sits at my side, urging me to scoot over so that he'll have enough room to sit. He turns and looks at me, a soft smile on his face as he reaches his hand to cup my jaw.

"You won't get one." he assures

"That's not proof." I catch in a petty tone

"You and I are going to call every night before you go to bed, so you won't be too stressed to sleep. I'll check in on you with Tony and you can always talk about this with your sisters. I know they want you to reach out to them and open up, this is a good opportunity to do that."

I reach from my warm blankets with both of my hands and grab his left wrist that's still against the right side of my face. I loosely hold onto it, leaning into his grasp as he smiles down at me with that loving look in his eyes.

"Sam and Nat want you to give them a send off too." he adds

"Where are they?"

"By the jet."

"Where's Tătic?" I continue

"He and I said our goodbyes last night."

"Goodbyes?!" I panic

"Our 'see-you-laters'." he corrects

I release the large breath in my chest and settle with myself, knowing I have to let go of my father for a little while for the good of the world. I begin shifting my legs around under the blankets, moving them to help me sit up as Pa notices what i'm doing.

Once I sit up, I climb out and grab his hand to take him to the lobby. He grabs something from my nightstand and brings it with us, holding it in front of me for me to see that it's my glass of water.

"Fine." I sigh as I grab it

He hums while I drink the clear liquid, feeling it fill my digestive system until it reaches my stomach. When i'm done with the water, he takes the glass and carries it for me as we continue to walk.