{3}

September 7 1943
New York City
Steve's POV

When I finish my performance I hear clapping from the wings of the stage and look to see Katherine clapping her hands while Peggy stands behind her with a smile.

I lean my head back as I blush and smile, the crowd erupts in cheers as I walk off of the stage. Once i'm completely off stage, I pick up Katherine and throw her in the air to catch her before setting her on my hip.

"Is that his baby?!" my hearing picks up from someone in the crowd

I turn as I can't help but smile at my little girl on my side.

"We wanna see the baby!" a women exclaims

I chuckle before getting nervous about this

"Should I bring her out there?" I whisper to Peggy

"I don't see why not, just don't drop her." Peggy worries

"I just picked up three grown women while they sat on a motorcycle, I would never drop a baby; especially not ours. I'll even bring the shield to make sure she's safe." I tell her as I squat down with Katherine to grab my shield

"Three woman who probably weigh as much as Kathy does." Peggy sighs as I stand back up

I walk out with Katherine on my right hip while I hold the shield to cover her from most of the crowd to see anything. Someone brings out a microphone and sets it in front of me, I thank them and turn back to the crowd who's staring at me in confusion.

"You wanna say 'Hi', Sweetheart?" I ask my little girl while I keep her hidden behind the shield

I push us slightly close to the microphone so that she can talk if she wants to.

"Hi." she says to them in her small voice

"Awwws." are collected throughout the crowd

I move the shield just a little before asking Katherine's permission to move the rest of it.

"There's gonna be a lot of people in front of us, is that alright?" I whisper to her

She reaches her little hand up to the top of the shield and pulls it down, I pull my left arm away in all. When Katherine sees the crowd she smiles big for a couple of seconds, making the crowd even more excited. Cameras go off, people try to quiet the others, some woman begin fanning themselves.

I thought the air conditioning was on..I guess not.

Katherine reaches for my shield, so I bring my left arm up to her where she leans forward into the microphone.

"Listen to my Pa." she tells the crowd

She leans back to my ear and whispers

"Read it." she whispers as she points to the shield

I may have already performed it today, but i'll do anything to see her smile.

When I get done reading it, Katherine does grabby hands for my face, I lean my head down to her a little where she places a big kiss on my cheek. I laugh slightly before kissing her on hers and bringing my head back up.

She lays her head down on my shoulder with a yawn, at this I see Peggy from the corner of my eyes waving me over. I walk over to where she takes Katherine before kissing me and whispering so no one can hear.

"It's her nap time." Peggy mentions

I kiss Peggy again and place a kiss on Kathy's head before waving to everyone in the audience while I try to take Katherine back.