{36}

December 25-09:36-Bucharest-Sarah's POV

As I wake up this morning, I notice that Mr. James is already up and making breakfast for the both of us in the kitchen. He's humming something to himself, but I can't tell what it is that he's singing.

"Have yourself a Merry, little Christmas..may your heart be light." I hear him continue to sing

From now on, our troubles will be out of sight.

I smile to myself as I roll around a little bit on the mattress, not knowing if Mr. James knows that i'm awake yet. He continues to sound..happy, and i'm glad that he does.

After laying around for probably too long for his liking, I crawl out of bed as quietly as I can. Once I get off of the floor, I walk into the kitchen where the welcoming scents of one of my favorite foods, something I haven't had in a VERY long time. When I get to Mr. James, I wrap my arms around him and smack my forehead on his back.

"Good Morning, Doll." he chuckles

"Good Morning, Mr. James." I say as I keep my forehead in place

"There are so many other things you could call me, yet you still call me 'Mr. James'. You know almost forty five languages, yet you still call me 'Mr. James'." he calls out

"I don't want to call you 'Bucky', it doesn't feel respectful..I could call you Mr. Buchanan.."

"You are one of the only people I have met who genuinely likes my middle name."

"I do, I think it's so cool." I smile

"Okay..what about calling me 'Uncle James'?"

"I would if Steve was here, but.." I say as I back away

"Right."

I turn around and hop up onto the countertop or island type of thing. He turns around and sees me perched onto the counter like a bird in a nest.

"I made you one of Steve's favorite foods from when we were younger, I figured I could try to help you feel a little better." he mentions as he turns the stove off

"I'm worried about you, you haven't mourned at all and you're focusing all you're attention on me, and you don't have to do that anymore."

He looks down and begins laying up our food, I bet he knows i'm staring at him and giving him a look. Once he's done plating our food, he makes his way to the dining room table, me soon following behind. He pulls a chair out for me, I get off of the counter and sit where he pulled the seat.

"I have been mourning, just not in a normal way." he mumbles

"It's healthy to mourn, but you've been closed off compared to how you usually are around me. I'm worried about you." I admit

"You don't need to worry about me, i'm okay."

"Because that's very convincing." I say in a sarcastic tone

"It doesn't need to be convincing, now eat your food."

I sigh and go back to eating my breakfast, this is the quietest Christmas ever.

Even after breakfast he sits on the couch and I go lay in the bed, us not talking at all; it's been like this for forty five minutes.

"Thank you for breakfast." I say from the mattress

"I wanna talk."

"We just did."

"I want to talk where I can see your face." he points out