{82}

January 6 2016-After School-Sarah's POV

Once the bell rings, I go to my locker to collect some of my books to study tonight. I'm able to put away everything I won't need for tonight then close the metal door, cheers from students are heard throughout the halls of the school.

When I get out, I see Uncle James waiting on Steve's motorcycle that (I'm officially naming "Cyndie"). I jog over, immediately being wrapped in my uncle's arms as his head bobbles from the biking helmet that sits atop his head it.

"Hey, we're going to Washington Square Park..you wanna come with us?" Ned's voice shows up calls from behind me

Uncle James' grip on me gets more defensive, but loosens a little-just a little, as I turn to look at the big brown eyed boys.

"No thank you, I have some family things to work out." I state calmly

Uncle James helps me onto Cyndie, putting me in front to drive us without even asking, but I oblige for the man behind me. We ride off, driving straight for Queens. As we drive, we see people from all types of pasts walking in their futures.

I see a teenage appearing girl with dark hair that has purple streaks in it, dancing to music that I can hear is coming from the wires in her ears. I catch a woman in clothes like my mother used to where to the office, the look on her face proving to me that she's a serious woman.

I'm even able to peek through a few windows of small businesses and smell the foods being cooked in pizza shops along with the briney water from the coast of the city.

After our ride, we make our way to the apartment for Steve to start asking questions.

"So how was school?" he offers

"Better than the other one."

"Make any friends?"

"I think so. Surprisingly, they're boys. But they seem to be the most innocent males I've ever met." I admit

"Anything interesting happen?"

"I almost fainted in math because I forgot to pack myself a lunch and the orange Peter gave me was defective."

"Wh-are you okay?" Steve worries

"Yeah, Mr. Arion gave me a soda."

"Oh good, were the classes hard?"

"Harder than the Kingston ones: Yes-Hard: No." I reply

He looks over at me for more to say.

"I named your motorcycle."

What'd you name her?" he inquires

"Cyndie, and she needs a wash."

The Next Day
Midtown High
Lunch
Delilah's POV

"How was the rest of your first day?" Ned sips his drink

"Interesting.." I nod

"How so?"

"There was a little bit of drama in math yesterday because I forgot to pack my lunch."

"How did that cause drama?" Peter shakes his head

"I got into a tense conversation with one of those popular kids you were talking about."

"Over what?"

"A soda." I sigh as I bite a carrot

"What was so controversial about a soda?"

"He was upset that he didn't have one."