{117}

June 1 2016-Screening Room-Sarah's POV

April 11 1944 for August Tenth 1959

We're at the halfway point, but you're already old enough to drive. Bucky's been pestering me about letting him write to you again, so his handwriting will show up later in this too.

But I can't believe we're halfway through your Ma's pregnancy with you!! You get bigger everyday and your heartbeat gets stronger every time I hear it, it's like you know I'm listening; and it's one of the best things I've ever heard.

I can't believe you're fifteen, wow.

You're probably worrying about school grades, or how to impress the person you like.

Yesterday I yelled at Bucky because I was afraid you would like him more than you'll like me, he patted me on the back and said "I would too, Pal." He hasn't said much since, but he seems pretty set on the fact that you and Kathy are the closest he'll have to having kids of his own.

Kathy didn't mind, it just gives her a reason to get more attention from him. However, Peggy's healthy (and you are also) which is all that really matters, but you make me curious as to the fact of what you'll look like, what things you'll like.

Kathy's already a carbon copy of your mother, so I have no doubt she looks even more like her fifteen years into the future. You however I have no idea who or what you might look like, I can't even guess what your hair color is going to be.

Oh, Bucky's here. I'll come back and write when he's done.

Hey Doll/Buddy, happy birthday. I've written to you in one of these letters before, but you were a bit younger and probably can't remember what you were reading. I tend to forget things sometimes, it's been happening since I was taken to that big room at the Nazi palace.

Anyway, I've been taking care of Kat since your Pa's been up and caring for you and your Ma, she's been in quite a bit more pain recently, so he's focused on the two of you.

However, Steve's feeding Kathy a bowl of carrots and peas so I can be in here to write this. If this keeps up how it is right now, you might just have two dads before you're even born. That was a joke, one that Steve's gonna whoop my not-so-sorry butt for making.

Anyways, I'm excited to meet you my niece or nephew and I can tell that Kat is too because she's already been trying to buy you candy from the grocery store.

She's going to be a great big sister, and I think she knows it because I tell her that every single day i'm over here with the four of you-which is pretty much every day anyway.

Anyway, wow i'm saying that a lot.

Happy birthday, Buddy/Doll. I hope seventeen treats you as well as it treated me, but better than it treated Steve. It's a unique age, and probably even more that way due to the upcoming change in decade.

Love you

I'm gonna go get Steve now.

I'm back, Baby.

Bucky said a few things that I wanted to, but I prefer him to say them over anyone else. So, I'll leave the rest of what I was going to say in the next one.

Love you, Your Pa & Uncle Buck or Uncle Godpa or-Steve just told me to stop thinking of things for you to call me.

♡︎

Aww, they both seemed excited. He keeps mentioning Ma's pain though, I feel so bad for being the cause of it.

April 18 1944 for August Tenth 1960