{19}

July 11 2012-Washington D.C.-Steve's POV

I've decided to come reunite with Peggy and Katherine, but i'm trying to take my time. As eager as I am to see them again, walking around this place is so much different than it used to be. I've been to some museums to try and catch up with things that happened after the war.

There's a lot that's happened in so little time, it's crazy how all of this is happening at once. If I had been in a normal coma, this probably wouldn't be so strange, but since everybody thought that the ice would kill me..it feels extremely strange to walk in on all of this.

I've noticed the clothing style changes, it's terrifying. Though, clothes are a lot more comfortable than they used to be, or maybe that's just because when I started fitting normal clothes since I was always in uniform. Shoes are quite different than they used to be, they no longer make you feel flat footed all the time.

They make shoes of almost every size now, I don't have to rely on a friend to give me his
old ones anymore or fill them with a stuffer to help me fit them. If there was one person who would love all of these technological changes, it would be Bucky. He was such a dork about things like this, he loved almost every futuristic thing he could set his eyes, heart or hands on.

Having him be here would help me adapt a lot easier than it is alone, having coworkers doesn't mean that I have friends. Right now i'm alone in this, no one understands this feeling, in all honesty I don't want anyone to feel how I do; it's not a great perspective. If I ever complete my life purpose, not that I understand what that is. But if I do find out and if I do complete it, I hope it's enough.

I used to think my purpose was to fight for the country, but now i'm fighting for the world. I don't think my worth is that great to the people, but they depend on the Avengers now. How mean would I be to leave the world to fend for themselves? I'm sure the Avengers would be fine without me, but a group of people can get a lot more done than just one singular person, especially in a job like ours.

Right now i'm walking across the street to the retirement home where my paperwork of Katherine and Peggy say they are living. I plan on asking them questions about the day that Sarah was taken, amongst reuniting with them.

I've brought a notebook and and endless supply of pencils to write down everything that I can. I do have to show myself to Peggy and Katherine which I'm terrified of what their reactions will be.

Are they mad at me?

Peggy said she wasn't, but what about sixty-five years later?

Does she still have my wedding ring?

Are we not married anymore?

I'm here to see them, but a child being taken by Hydra is more important; especially when they're mine.

When I arrive at the reception counter and get the okay to go upstairs to their rooms, I take the stairs for safety reasons and speed. Once i'm up there, I almost explode with Adrenaline I get to Katherine's door and knock before waiting for a a response.

"Come in!" a straggly English voice shouts

I peak through the door before quietly making my way to where I can hide behind a wall to tell Katherine that it's me without scaring her to death.

"Hello?" she asks as I hide

"Hey." I reply

"Can you come out from behind there?"

"I need to explain something before showing my face." I tell her

"Your voice sounds familiar, but less scratchy than when I last heard it." she mentions