{32}

Once Clint touches the jet down, he grabs his hurt Avenger while I grab mine and we begin walking to the house. Once we're in, I keep holding onto Steve while we walk, Thor's head almost hitting the doorways in the way in.

"Honey? I'm home.." Clint leads

We see a woman come out from behind the kitchen or some place with papers in her hand and a figure that tells me Clint is ready to have a family.

"I brought company..sorry I didn't call ahead." Clint adds before greeting who I assume to be his wife

He kisses her, and hugs her before turning around.

"Sarah..Gentleman, this is Laura." Clint introduces

"I know all of your names..except you." she gestures to me

"I'm Sarah, it's nice to meet you." I try my best to be nice

We all give her our own introductions, but I hear footsteps coming from behind me.

"Oh, incoming." Clint interrupts

A little girl and a older boy run in to the room, excited that there father is home.

"Daddy." the small girl greets happily before putting her arms up

Clint picks her up with no hesitation and a smile on his face, immediately kissing her cheek and the top of his son's head.

If only my family was meant to be one like this.

"Hi Sweetheart, Hey Buddy..how're you guys doin?" Clint greets happily

A girl can dream.

It's at those first two words of Clint's, that triggers something in Steve and he grabs my hand before excusing us and pulling me out of the house. Before we leave I catch the little girl calling Natasha "Auntie Nat".

Thor follows us out, urgently trying to leave. He flies up after talking about getting answers, just as I suspected. Steve pulls me out to the field and sits us down before taking some grass into his hands and playing with it. He looks up and down, giving me concerned filled glances as he tries to stay present.

His actions match an anxious child who's scared of being yelled at, or scared of more hurting them. He finally looks up at me, his tear glazed eyes push past my boundaries as if it feels that he's tearing down the walls I built to protect my heart from the agents.

I really wanna let him in..but I can't afford the risk.

I don't know if you've seen anything where there's a bunch of walls or layers in front of somebody, and they start walking through them. That's what I imagine emotional barriers to be like, except i'm not walking through them-Steve's fighting through them from the other side.

Is he going to break my barriers?

Or do we meet in the middle?

Do I have to go through them myself?

But does that mean he's going to be waiting for me to let him in?