Chapter 14

I've realised my inner circle is expanding rapidly as the days go on. First Dakota and now Timmy. We're all back at my place now in the living room after giving Timothee a tour and introducing him to everyone else, including Dakota. Timothee keeps making stupid sex jokes and is convinced me and Dakota are a couple. To which both deny deny deny. After the 3rd innuendo Dakota was tickling Timothee like they've known each other for years, him laughing his head off begging for her to stop.

Mitch thinks what I'm doing is sweet but crazy. After explains briefly why they're both here and why I feel like I need to help Timothee. He thinks I'm going soft being so helpful to people I hardly know and he's probably right. But I'm starting to believe having loved ones and friends doesn't make you soft. It makes you powerful.
Jeffrey to my knowledge, doesn't have any family but he REALLY doesn't do friends. He only talks to his guys when he has to and no family that anyone knows of, in his eyes making him invincible.

I crack open five beers and hand them out to everyone all now sat in on the sofas and Dakota sitting cross legged on the floor. Her and Sarah clicked straight away and I can already tell I'm gonna have my hands full with them two ganging up on me.

'Hey Harry, is this yours? Do you mind if I put some music on?' Dakota starts fiddling with my laptop that was tucked under the sofa so Clifford wouldn't step on it. I simply smile and nod my head to which she smiles from ear to ear and turns it on.
While everyone continued their own conversations me and Dakota are in our own little world. I can't take my eyes off of her. She's now sat in a pair of my sweatpants and one of Sarah's tops. Her hair is messily thrown up in a bun on the top of her head and a makeup free fresh face.

To see her look so comfortable in my little private world is nice. There's no hint of fear and worry or anxiousness. As her long eyelashes pat closed like butterflies flapping their wings, she senses that I've been looking at her this whole time. She presses play on the song she's picked all while not breaking eye contact. Her devious face looks up at me as the song start to play. These days, by the Foo fighters.
To say this was our song was an understatement. She would always play this song when I was worried about my family and other things growing up. I remember she would take out her phone and headphones, pop one in my ear and the other into hers and we'd just sit listening to this song. It was as if the lyrics were wrote for us.
'One of these days, your heart will stop and play it's finally beat. One of these days, the clocks will stop and time won't mean a thing. One of these days, their bombs will drop and silence everything.'

Barely noticeable whispers escape her lips singing along to our song at the chorus 'easy for you to say. Your heart has never been broken. Easy for you to say, Your pride has never been stolen. Not yet not yet not yet.'
It's like I'm inside her head and can see what she's thinking about. The times she broke my heart and all the times she must have seen my pride get bruised by her.
I'm not sure if she picked this song to feel sad or to feel closer to me in a way.

Around midnight one by one everyone started going off to their separate rooms. First Sarah, the light weight, then Timmy after Mitch shown him were he'll be staying for a while then Mitch himself, calling Clifford to follow him up. Leaving just me and Dakota alone sat facing one another. She'd climbed up onto the sofa once there was a few spaces left.

The music was still playing just enough to make out what it was. 'Sunflower by Rex Orange Country, one of her choices, not something I'd normally listen to but it is nice.

'Harry...... what was your first thought when Timmy thought we were a couple? Like what- what did you think of it I mean?'
I could tell she's been thinking about this. The subtle looks she has been giving me throughout the night made it very obvious she wanted to know my opinion on it. I laugh through my nose and try to hide it, brushing under my nose with my right knuckle.
'Honestly?' Her big dow eyes open even more than I thought possible.